Thread: Mitras 6300 Upgrade Failure

Default Mitras 6300 Upgrade Failure

I have upgraded 3 of 4 of my GHL Mitras to 6300 and installed the new pucks. 1 of the 3 had to be manually upgraded. The last one 4/4 I has to be manually upgraded as well. I have no issues with COM settings etc. The upgrade manually goes fine with the flash program. After the upgrade the checks all pan out, but after its complete and I repower the unit. I can no longer log into the unit no matter how many times I upgrade it. The coms are good, but you cant log in. The program key starts to blink and there is nothing on the display. Its like its in some type of mode I cant get around.

Help appreciated.

Ok. I figured it out after putting firmware on this unit about 25 times and hitting the reboot key repeatedly. The firmware was not working. I went back to an old firmware and tried it and it worked fine. When I checked the directory I was using on the manual upgrade it was using the file in the USB direct Program directory. I noticed the firmware I used in the old loads was in the firmware directory. I Downloaded the firmwares again and tried to work the 6100 back to a 6300 via one change to 6200 since that is originally what it was when I purchased it in the firmware directory. Now the unit is telling me its a demo unit and to contact support if it isn't. It will not let me change the unit to 6300 now.....but the firmware is at 120 now.

Need help getting the unit out of demo mode now.
    Last edited by mtraylor2001; 09.04.2017 at 20:15.