Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems dimming lower than 7%

Default Problems dimming lower than 7%

I use two channels to dim my leds using L1L2 but when they are at 7% or lower they starts to twinkle irregularly. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Are running dimmable drivers with integral 0-10 control? if so, I would be looking at your drivers first. I suspect this is where your problem is!

from what LED lamps are we talking? DIY? please more details
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Diy from stevesleds using quaddriver and their pwm controller card

Med vänlig hälsning, Björn

http://stevesleds.com/uploads/Steves..._Interface.pdf
    http://stevesleds.com/uploads/Quad_L...e_11.27.11.pdf

Using profilux 3.1a 5.14

Anything else you need?

Thanks for helping me!!

than this driver is maybe not able to dim down so much

-> increase the lower voltage of L1 until it works stable at 1%
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Mathias. The driver should be able to dim to zero. This is what stevesleds says: The wire connecting the controller to the ACI is picking up stray voltage/interference, or the wire is too thin gauge.

I think it could be the wire. I use the ghl wire that should be used with tunze pumps and that wire is very thin. Is the wire to the ghl evg thicker and is it shielded? Is it possible to buy just the rj12 cable?

Anyone know if the rj12 cable that uses to the ghl evg is thicker than the rj12 cable that controls tunze pumps?

I suggest it´s not the wire itself. Diming signal is a voltage signal with very low current, so the thickness of the wiring should not matter if you don´t have a very long cable.

And even it would have an influence, the effect would be a lower signal, not a higher one. So I think you have an induction problem from another cable nearby or a leak current from another circuit (poor mass connection)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    I suggest it´s not the wire itself. Diming signal is a voltage signal with very low current, so the thickness of the wiring should not matter if you don´t have a very long cable.

And even it would have an influence, the effect would be a lower signal, not a higher one. So I think you have an induction problem from another cable nearby or a leak current from another circuit (poor mass connection)
    Thanks for helping me! The wire from the drivers/Controller is a not shielded "22 gauge" (pretty thick in my eyes) cable and It's about 1,5m long it is soldered to the ghl tunze rj12 cable that in my eyes is very thin and not shielded.

Maybe I should change the cable from the profilux to the drivers to a shielded one?!

Thanks