Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Your own website in ProfiLux 3!

This is the webpage I uploaded to my Profilux. I must mention that my aquarium is not jet filled with water. There is still some work to be done on the tank. So not all the values are shown.

In one look you can see the overall status of the aquarium. The ability to create your own webpage on the Profilux webserver is really a cool feature.

Sorry that the webpage is in Dutch(that's were i live), but i think that most of it is self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by richard.mayo View Post
    has anyone designed a webpage that looks good that they can share with the rest of us?
    aqaurium_webpage.jpg

hi all,

I finally got it to work to have my email notification up and running to send status via mail. Now i would like to take it further on the WEB.
    Can somebody help me getting my P3ex up and running to make use of the WEB abilities. I've read a lot but as a not programmer i simply can't understand what to do. Are there predefined user.html scripts available, clear instructions as to what to type into PLC etc. how to upload what to what etc.

This is what i've got:

P3ex, FW 5.05, PLC 5.0.6.0
    GHL PH, temp,redox, cond. sensor
    GHL Powerbar with 2 sockets 1+2 in use for main lighting on/off,
    GHL LED for moon/sunrise/thunder etc.
    2 Tunze E-pumps 6105
    GHL dosing pumps (4) for OSM,Trace elements, KH and Magnesium
    GHL level sensor (flotter to be installed) in sump

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    hi all,

I finally got it to work to have my email notification up and running to send status via mail. Now i would like to take it further on the WEB.
    Can somebody help me getting my P3ex up and running to make use of the WEB abilities. I've read a lot but as a not programmer i simply can't understand what to do. Are there predefined user.html scripts available, clear instructions as to what to type into PLC etc. how to upload what to what etc.

This is what i've got:

P3ex, FW 5.05, PLC 5.0.6.0
    GHL PH, temp,redox, cond. sensor
    GHL Powerbar with 2 sockets 1+2 in use for main lighting on/off,
    GHL LED for moon/sunrise/thunder etc.
    2 Tunze E-pumps 6105
    GHL dosing pumps (4) for OSM,Trace elements, KH and Magnesium
    GHL level sensor (flotter to be installed) in sump

Many thanks
    I'm with you Frankin. I'm still looking for a step by step guide and have yet to find the "How to start, setup and maintain your ProfiLux Webpage".

If you or someone has a link to this I would appreciate it greatly.

Allen

+ 1

+2

Its getting worse:

- i created a user.htm and uploaded it to P3 (yes, so see it right - .htm) why?
    - in word, notepad and frontpage (all under windows 7) they create .htm, not .html as an extension (question, how do i get a true .html extension???)
    - in standard GHL WEBserver app under "my site" it does shows the .htm, however without the requested data from P3, so i'm stuck
    - I've tried to delete own files from PLC5, says it does it however - GHL WEBserver app under "my site" - still shows the wrong page and even worse
    - "my site" does not return to e.g. sensors.html or console.html, it simply shows the page that i've made

questions:

1. what is going on here and how can i correct my mistakes
    2. what application can i best use to build a true .html which P3 can read/scan
    3. How can i restore a blank page under "my site" as it is stuck now

Anybody with ideas and experiences and corrective measures available? May be the helpdesk of GHL is willing to respond too.

many thanks F.

where is the problem to rename a file??

or to save as ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

can i send you the word file, saved as webpage, so you can see what i've been doing?

For some things you just have to learn something...... not everything can be created just like that.
    The option of the Profilux3 to build your own web-page is great, and not really that difficult.
    But if you dont know anything about html, ftp and a few other basic's than it is time to learn, it is just that simple....
    You can not blame GHL for the lack of knowledge from your side.

Buy the book "HTML for dummies" and when you are through with it, than you can make a personal Profilux page with not trouble at all.

Thanks for the info! i´ll buy that book and start learning - apparently required for aquarists without IT knowledge.

One thing will probably not be in the book is; why an uploaded file (htm(l)) can not be removed via PLC5 according the manual instructions. So i'm still stuck with a file which displays wrong info. Can you help with this please?