Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wlan with belkin home base wireless usb?

Just one more thing to try. Disconnect the USB. Use the power lead of the profilux to power the VAP11G (make sure that you do not connect the USB or you will fry the computer) and try again. I had some problems with the USB but it worked fine doing this.

There was an update for the setup software some days ago - maybe that helps - see http://www.vonets.com/service/index.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Monihdez View Post
    Just one more thing to try. Disconnect the USB. Use the power lead of the profilux to power the VAP11G (make sure that you do not connect the USB or you will fry the computer) and try again. I had some problems with the USB but it worked fine doing this.
    Thanks. Can i configure the device whilst it is plugged into the profilux? I thought i have to configure it on the PC first to find the router?

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    There was an update for the setup software some days ago - maybe that helps - see http://www.vonets.com/service/index.asp
    Thanks Wirus but the link doesnt seem to work? I think the site is down

Quote Originally Posted by shardyl View Post
    Thanks. Can i configure the device whilst it is plugged into the profilux? I thought i have to configure it on the PC first to find the router?
    Tried this, i set it up like the picture wirus posted on another thread and the pc software will not find it

i set it up like the picture wirus posted on another thread
    That can´t work for initial setup, it´s for normal work after setup only. Put in the LAN pcable in your router or PC and the USB/power courd into an workung USB socket. Alternatively you can use the power supply from the Profilux - it fits exactly in the socket on the back. of the VAP11G. Then run setup.

yep that what i did first time with no success, it just doesnt find the VAP11G when i scan for it with the software!

seems ridiculous really considering it is directly connected to that pc!

Im downloading the latest software from vonets as i speak and will let you know how that goes

Holy cow!

Im getting 1kb per second on the download from their server and it keeps getting slower! must be the slowest server in china!

This is not inspiring me with confidence! Im very close to returning this and going with the http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VIWJYI

Quote Originally Posted by shardyl View Post
    No, do not connect it to the profilux yet. First you need to configure it. The VAP11G can be powered in two different ways

1. Using the USB attachment
    Or
    2. Connecting it to the mains using the power lead that came with the profilux computer.

Use the second method instead of connecting the USB and connect the LAN cable. This way it worked for me although the way you've done it should have worked as well.

if the orange light is flashing on the unit then it has power so i cant see how using the profilux power would make any difference to the PC software finding it!

I have just lost connection to the vonets server as i was sluggishly trying to download the latest software which frankly cant make a difference either and if it did I would still be annoyed that they didn't provide the correct software in the first place!

I am definately at the end of my patience with this device!

packing it back up in the box right now and moving on!