Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GHL Connect & My GHL Performance

Default GHL Connect & My GHL Performance

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that having recently purchased a KHD SA Kit I am super pleased with the product, it was 100% accurate from test 1, and has been rock solid compared to Hanna ever since.

My full intentions from the start was (is) to fully automate my system, next in line is P4 then ION etc....

There is something seriously bugging me, and it really is holding back my next GHL purchase....

My experience of the GHL Connect App & MyGHL is really poor, since purchase I have experienced the following issues....

- When navigating around the software, everything takes an age to load, functions hang up, fail to load etc
    - Tiles on Dashboard regularly fail to load, left with spinner on screen
    - Functions freeze when making/saving changes, requires restart and navigation back to setting to check it has updated.

So in summary, the user interface is really holding me back.

Please, if someone can help me resolve these niggles I will be 100% sold on my next purchase, I don’t want to give up and go back to the dark side (Apex)

Thanks
    Lee

Hello Lee,

What you are describing sounds like a connection stability issue. If the primary device has a weak signal to the router or the internet connection is not stable, this will result in slower connectivity and longer load times.
    Last edited by Vinny; 13.05.2020 at 18:50.

Thanks for the reply Vinny, what would you advise to improve connectivity?

It is strange that it could be a connection issue as I have no issues with any other wireless devices in the house. The 2.1 is located less than 5m from the router.

I would also add that this issue is consistent, not intermittent, it doesn’t matter what time of day I try to use the GHL Connect or MyGHL it is slow, hangs up and fails to load.

I’m running the dashboard on an iPad, and the primary device is KHD 2.1 SA which is connected wirelessly.
    Last edited by Oceaninyourhome; 13.05.2020 at 18:57.

These other devices are probably not surrounded by water either.

Most of the time the dosers are placed inside stands and surrounded by the display tank above and sump beside or below it. The doser itself connects only to a 2.4ghz band. Although 2.4ghz does much better than 5ghz in terms of range, it can have a difficult time maintaining adequate signal strength if it is tucked away inside a stand and surrounded by water. Here is where the router comes in...

If the router signal strength is not enough to communicate with the doser, you will see longer load times.

One way to rule this out is to temporarily switch the SA Doser to LAN mode and connect an Ethernet cable to the doser and your router. If the speed improves, then that confirms the issue being signal strength related.

When you connect, have you tried comparing the speeds between connecting through your network vs. myGHL?
    What were the results?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    In my opinion, all the more reason to include a LAN port or at least optional add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmsu80 View Post
    In my opinion, all the more reason to include a LAN port or at least optional add-on.
    ?
    We're talking about a SA doser here which does have a LAN port...

?
    We're talking about a SA doser here which does have a LAN port...
    I missed that part. Wish list for my P4 is a LAN port.

I would add that I understand the rational behind but your main competitor doesn’t have the same issue, I’m in the same position as Lee, my original plan was to switch slowly to GHL (I have ION Director pre ordered) but I’m having second thoughts due your software not being very stable and sometimes usable.

Great product but I think you need further investment in your software development side, not trying to criticize but just feedback for improvement.

Most of the time the dosers are placed inside stands and surrounded by the display tank above and sump beside or below it. The doser itself connects only to a 2.4ghz band. Although 2.4ghz does much better than 5ghz in terms of range, it can have a difficult time maintaining adequate signal strength if it is tucked away inside a stand and surrounded by water. Here is where the router comes in...

If the router signal strength is not enough to communicate with the doser, you will see longer load times.

One way to rule this out is to temporarily switch the SA Doser to LAN mode and connect an Ethernet cable to the doser and your router. If the speed improves, then that confirms the issue being signal strength related.

When you connect, have you tried comparing the speeds between connecting through your network vs. myGHL?
    What were the results?
    Did the OP see a resolution to this issue?

After a couple of weeks of problem free connection I too have difficulty connecting via the app.

My Doser SA and my (non GHL) controller are connected by WiFi to the same router at 2.4GHz.

I can connect to the cloud desktop for my controller every time in sub 3s.

Connection to the Doser vis GHL Connect if it connects takes much longer somewhere between 15s and never.

Ping time to the two servers is the same, myGHL server route goes through an additional hop but can't see that as significant

I can't see that this is down to my WiFi

BTW Red Sea leds and reef waves connect via cloud app every time without issue

Quite frustrating ....

Hello,

please create a ticket, where we will take care of this:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.