Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: ProfiLux 3: What to do in the case a firmware update failed

I have problem with profilux 3.1 Ex. It hangs during communication both USB or LAN, simply app shows that is connected and few seconds later connection breaks. In firmware field is written 1.0000 and serial is 0.
    Device itself works and display shows firmware 5.15. I wanted to update firmware but I could not find any newer version or downloads page ?! I've opened device, put jumper short, installed flasher but I could not find
    some new flash.

When I connect device to usb it takes usb port, when on lan takes web address but I cannot access to it. Any idea how to solve this?

@nebojsar
    Download the latest version of GHLContolCenter and install it.
    Do not open the program
    The latest firmware can be found in the installation directory of the GHLControlCenter.
    The Emergency Flash Tool can be found here
    The instructions here

regards Pit

Quote Originally Posted by nebojsar View Post
    I have problem with profilux 3.1 Ex. It hangs during communication both USB or LAN, simply app shows that is connected and few seconds later connection breaks. In firmware field is written 1.0000 and serial is 0.
    Device itself works and display shows firmware 5.15. I wanted to update firmware but I could not find any newer version or downloads page ?! I've opened device, put jumper short, installed flasher but I could not find
    some new flash.

When I connect device to usb it takes usb port, when on lan takes web address but I cannot access to it. Any idea how to solve this?
    I had working unit with firmware 5.15 and now I don't have working unit at all. I've used steps from start of this thread, installed flash tool, had RS232/USB adapter, adapter was able to read from COM1, used firmware
    6.31 for procedure from latest control center, pressed button to start procedure and than added power, Procedure started - After erase procedure, when write procedure start device several times reported error 13 and
    ceased procedure. I tried few times, it started again, erase, and than write and procedure failed. Now I don't have display live and complete device seems dead. Is there any chance how I can save it?

With the flash tool you can connect to Profilux?
    Do you have selectet the correct micocontroller MB91F467D in the flash program

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    With the flash tool you can connect to Profilux?
    Do you have selectet the correct micocontroller MB91F467D in the flash program
    I can connect to profilux with flash tool. I have selected right microcontroller in dropdown menu. Procedure starts, first sequence of download pass, second of erase (1/39) pass,
    third sequence (1/2176) starts and stops on various places (125/2176 or 254/2176) with reporting error no 13.

Here is printscreen, it is almost always on location 125

Error.jpg

I've also found what error13 is:

No.013 Program error
    Cause: The response at the time of Program&Verify processing is unusual.
    Action: Please reperform by checking whether a chip is blank.

What I actually need to do in this case?

No.013 Program error

Please check if there is a driver update for your USB/RS232 adapter.
    Check the USB cable. Test another
    Try another USB port
    If you have a notebook, make sure the power supply is plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    No.013 Program error

Please check if there is a driver update for your USB/RS232 adapter.
    Check the USB cable. Test another
    Try another USB port
    If you have a notebook, make sure the power supply is plugged in.
    Change USB port, checked driver, I had last version. Tried another USB port, PC is desktop so that is fine.
    I don't have currently another cable but I will look for one during the day, that is only option left. Here is error which device returns:

detailed error.jpg
    error 2.jpg

Start the Flash program as administrator
    Check the port settings in the Device Manager (COMx). Check another COM port. You can change it under Extended.
    Do you have another power supply for the Profilux? Caution: 12VDC

Unbenannt.png
    Sorry is in German