Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SMS issues

FYI I tried switching level sensors to "return pump". I was able to see the sensors on the screen of P3. And when I received SMS I was able to see them also displayed at the end of SMS.
    Now I switched back to "leakage sensors" and I tested SMS again by triggering sensor and TO MY SURPRISE, SMS had level sensor 2 at the end.
    Then I did it again, AND NOTHING!!!
    Back to where I was.
    So it's basically doing it whenever it feels like it !!!!!

Sounds to me that there is a bug somewhere in the system....I only wish I could find it and fix it.

Doggydoc

As per my previous posts I had mine working and now it does not send which level is alarmed. So the bug is not new.

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    On the profilux display it only shows 7. so i assume this is level 7.

On the level sensor display it only shows level sensor 7 with X.
    However level sensor 7 is disabled.

so unsure why the other sensors do not show.

the level control 7 is disabled, not the level sensor 7 (actually you can't disable level sensors)

I hope the difference between level control and level sensor is clear

BUT: in 5.16 we removed alle sensors in the status overview which are currently not used in a level control
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    the level control 7 is disabled, not the level sensor 7 (actually you can't disable level sensors)

BUT: in 5.16 we removed alle sensors in the status overview which are currently not used in a level control
    Thanks for the response Mathias. But this post DOES NOT answer any of my problems stated at the beginning of this thread.

Doggydoc

ok and now to doggydoc

I am still convinced you don't have the newest firmware 5.15, the described sympoms show this I guess it is the 5.15 beta

so you can update to the actual 5.15 or wait until this evening for the 5.16
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I AM CONVINCED ITS the latest version.

I will upgrade as soon as the NEWEST one comes out.

Doggydoc

Ausrufezeichen

It almost seems that we do not understand each other, running in circles................

1- So first, do you(GHL) understand our problem as described below?
    2- Is it a real problem/bug/lost functionality, or are we doing something wrong?
    3- If it is a problem, or functionality that was there in the old firmware/PLC but has been left out during the redesign of the levelcontrol in the new firmware/PLC, will the missing functionality be rebuild in a future Firmware/PLC version?

My/Our Problem:
    Why don't we get a to see which levelcontrolcircuit triggert the alarm in the sms/email. In our alarm mail/sms it only states that a levelcontrolcircuit triggered the alarm(see screenshots in posts below). In the old firmware/plc the levelstuff was build up a bit differently, yes we know..... But there was an indicator which showed the levelsensor which triggered the alarmmessage.
    So we would like to see is that when a levelalarm is trigged we also get an indicator in the alarmmessage (sms/email) which levelcontrolcurcuit was the cause of this levelalarm. When a levelalarm happens, in PLC I can see which levelcontrolcircuit is the trigger, so the Profilux knows who is the perpetrator :-). Perhaps it problem is only with us, but still a problem is a problem. If we are doing something wrong please tell us how to do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    Thanks for the response Mathias. But this post DOES NOT answer any of my problems stated at the beginning of this thread.

Doggydoc
    My Firmware
    firmwareversion.jpg
    Last edited by mdanielse; 12.04.2013 at 13:19.

I do know what the problem is. I have stated it numerous times before AND shown screenshots. So honestly not sure what else YOU GUYS want me to explain.
    In PLC, when alarm is triggered I SEE ALARM SHOWN WITH THE CORRESPONDING LEVEL THATS TRIGGERED. So I know it's NOT an issues with P3. It's and issue with comm between SMS AND P3. I do not get the SMS with the level number as it is sup to happen.

I have tried EXPLAINING this since jan to the people in charge on sooooo many diff ways.
    This is in soooo many ways soooo frustrating.
    But on the other hand, thank you very much for taking the time to answer.
    Maybe when new FW comes out, problem will be resolved.

Doggydoc

Thank Matthias for explaining this, however it does not solve the problem that when a alarm is triggered I do not get a SMS/email to say which level sensor has a problem, all I get is a SMS /email that says level alarm.

according to your screenshot you have the old beta-firmware (date 04. Jan. 2013), the current firmware is from 17. Jan 2013

as I stated above we first must see the correct level states on the ProfiLux screen (see my screenshot above) before we deal with the SMS unit

once the level state display is correct we move to the next step

the new 5.16 comes this evening, if you want you update directly to 5.16