Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ProfiLux 3: What to do in the case a firmware update failed

I read that after posting my reply, I'm going to give that a try when I get home while everything is disconnected anyway to see how it works. I can always bring the profilux back to work to reflash if it fails, but based on what i've read, I don't think it will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    switching the power off and on produces a reset in the ProfiLux 3, after this reset the ProfiLux listens for 2 seconds if there comes a new firmware from this tool

maybe the reset is not as clear as expected or you loose the USB-connection during this reset

there is this solution:
    - open the housing
    - ProfiLux has power (and the power is not removed during the following!)
    - plug a jumper on the 2pin-header on the ProfiLux-Front PCB (there is only one place where a jumper can be plugged) - ProfiLux is now in reset state
    - click "full operation"
    - now remove this jumper in the next 2 seconds - the reset condition ends and the download starts
    Hello, for info,

I had to follow these steps (ie including opening the box) to low-level flash a Profilux 3eX. It looks like windows is taking too much time to create the virtual device (COMX) when the profilux is swtched on, causing the FR software to fail.

The advantage of opening the housing is that power is always on when the FR soft is run.

Tried to upload the latest firmware today. Half way through it it said that communication failure and disconnected. Now the Profilux turns on with nothing on the screen. I have tried to have the USB connected and then attempt the reflash however the USB does not come on in time. Have opened up the unit left it on and followed the instructions above, now get a Download Failed 001 error message. Any ideas? I need to get this running ASAP.

Managed to get it working with a RS232 cable. Just wondering after the flash do I need to recalibrate the probes?

yes or reload the sensor date of you previous FW if you have 5.xx now you can't load 4.XX data or it will be FUBAR.

if you have PAB devies first do a pab reset and realloction of the pab devices before you reload the sensordata / settings

I just tried updating my firmware to 5.05f via RS232 cable and it prompted me with an error. I tried to follow the hyperlink on the 1st page of this thread but the link is broken. Can someone provide good links to downloads and better directions?

If you mean the link to the Flasher, you can also download it here: http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...tion.php?sid=7
    Be sure that you use the original serial cable of GHL.

Hi team - tried to upload the latest version of your software via a USB connection yesterday and it failed.... Need to flash again...

Question : does the flash need to happen via a RS232 cable or does it also work through a USB connection with the Profilux 3?

Thanks

You need the original RS232 cable or a serial/USB adapter + RS232 cable for the flasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    You need the original RS232 cable or a serial/USB adapter + RS232 cable for the flasher.
    I am trying with the serial/USB adapter but it is not recognising it on any of the COMMS ports. My system has been down for almost 6 hours now.

I seem to establish a connection with the USB but I get the message saying press RESET on the unit, nothing is coming up on the unit or the PC.

I am starting to get worried.