Thread: Mitras Lightbar 2 Daylight LED Wavelengths

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, you have not answered the questions that I asked. I'm disappointed about that. I asked about specific wavelengths. Unless the Mitras LB2 incorporates LEDs emitting at 662nm, there will be insufficient light output at that critical wavelength to ensure optimum plant growth. It is not possible to rely on white LEDs to do this. Their output peaks in the blue region of the spectrum and reduces as the wavelength increases. May I draw your attention to the following:

"OSRAM Opto Semiconductors offers a broad horticulture LED portfolio for professional top lighting, inter lighting and vertical farming applications. Our High and Mid Power LED families include 660 nm (hyper red), 450 nm (deep blue) and 730 nm (far red). All important wavelengths in three different radiation angles 80°, 120° and 150° to support the perfect lighting for all types of plants and flowers".

Aquarium plants still share some of the same photosynthetic pigments as horticultural plants - particularly chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b.

photon

P.S. I have no affiliations with OSRAM. Other LED manufacturers, e.g. CREE could equally have made the same statement as that above.
    Last edited by photon; 30.01.2020 at 16:48. Reason: Added the P.S.