Thread: powerbar pabcom error

Default powerbar pabcom error

hi

i have the profilux 3ex with 3 of the powerbar 6d and the last one on the daisy chain i have been getting PABCOM error. i tried resetting but it still wouldn't communicate so i switched out the OEM black PAB cable with a regular ethernet cable and it reenabled it and it connected. and just this morning i get numerous emails for about an hour or so because of the PABCOM error and then it "fixed" itself.

1. does it matter which of the 2 ethernet ports on the new powerbar i connect to from the previous powerbar?

2. can i just use any ethernet cable to connect to the powerbar?

3. whats going on with my powerbar?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by madehtsobi View Post
    i have the profilux 3ex with 3 of the powerbar 6d and the last one on the daisy chain i have been getting PABCOM error. i tried resetting but it still wouldn't communicate so i switched out the OEM black PAB cable with a regular ethernet cable and it reenabled it and it connected. and just this morning i get numerous emails for about an hour or so because of the PABCOM error and then it "fixed" itself.
    Just to be sure: the three Powerbars are all PAB-Powerbars, right?

1. does it matter which of the 2 ethernet ports on the new powerbar i connect to from the previous powerbar?
    This shouldn't matter.

2. can i just use any ethernet cable to connect to the powerbar?
    You should always use our original PAB-cable, then you can be sure of a proper function.

3. whats going on with my powerbar?
    So with the alternative ethernet cable and the PAB-cable the problem persists?
    Did you try the other PAB-port at the Powerbar already (to connect the second Powerbar here)?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes all three are powerbar PAB

yes with either the original and Ethernet cable problem I still had issues.

Aftrr I switched to new Ethernet cable I haven't gotten PABCOM error.. But don't know why I got it all of a sudden the other day.

ok it happend again this morning for about 30 minutes... i kept getting email alerts and then it cleared itself up...