Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email from Profilux suddenly stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi I am sorry but I have no idea how to help you here

as you wrote it worked perfectly before you performed the factory reset, so a hardware problem must be exluded - I assume you use the LAN for connection with PLC also?

and I don't think there is a software problem because 5.15 works fine on my test controllers in regards to emails and you used the 5.15 in the past also

then what is left? I can't imagine another reason than something is wrong in your settings
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    if you can't find the problem in your settings then I ask you to contact us directly in order to examine this in our second level support
    Hi Matthias, the settings are all correct as the smtp receiver I set up uses no authentication at all. what I will do after the weekend (I'm away at the moment) is perform a factory reset on the unit and test again. I will also try the 5.16 firmware as well. I have no problem with connecting to the lan port via PLC, the webserver or the iPad app including over the Internet so I think the network side is ok. I'll be in touch on Monday to let you know the outcome, regards Andy

Hi Matthias, a quick update....I downloaded & installed the PLC 5.16.1 in readiness for updating to firmware 5.16. When I connected to Profilux I switched the mailserver settings from local (192.168.x.x) back to the proper smtp server that was still entered in the PLC settings and switched back on authentication (also still on PLC). Mail has now started to work again....I must stress that I made no changes to the entries that were cached but I'm happy that email is now working again!! Kind regards, Andy

this is really weird since we didn't change anything in the email-functions in the last firmware-release

anyway, I am glad to hear it's up and running again
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.