Thread: Cannot connect PlusII to PC, PIN problem

Default Cannot connect PlusII to PC, PIN problem

Hi,
    I have a PlusII connected to Profiluxcontrol V5152 through RS232/USB (Windows7 64bit).
    On COM3, Baudrate 9600, FDTI driver.
    When I click 'connect' in Profiluxcontrol I am asked for a PIN. I have reset this to 0000 however, when I try connect I get the message 'Access Denied'
    I cannot get around this, consequently I do not know and cannot update Firmware, basically can't connect to PC at all.
    Any suggestions as to what I need to do?
    Thankyou
    Mick

it seems the PIN is not reset, otherwise this message would not appear

please try to reset it again

what happens if you try to operate the ProfiLux with the ProfiLux keys - does this ask for a PIN?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,
    Thanks for the swift response, I have tried several times to reset the pin using Enter+Esc keys at start up, the PIN code is shown on the Profilux screen as 0000 but entering this on the Profiluxcontrol does not work.
    The software version on the Profilux is 3.03 and I am using Profiluxcontrol 5.1.5.2.
    Since I cannot connect to my PC I do not know the firmware version, nor can I update it.
    The Profilux itself appears to be working ( I recently got it from a fellow reefer) I have tested it with its accompanying T5 lights, I have not yet connected pH & Temp sensors etc. yet as I would like to fix this PC connection problem before I begin using it on my tank
    Regards
    Mick
    Last edited by Techmik; 28.04.2013 at 12:37.

The software version on the Profilux is 3.03 and I am using Profiluxcontrol 5.1.5.2.
    this is the problem - these versions are not compatible at all

you need to update the ProfiLux to firmware 5.xx

since you can't access the ProfiLux you can try the "emergency update" with the flasher-tool (see download area for that)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok great, I've downloaded flasher tool FMC16LX.zip what do I do with it?
    I'm guessing ...unzip the file, connect Profilux via RS232/USB and launch 'Flash' application?
    Is this correct?
    Which target microcontroller do I use currently shows (on opening application) MB90F652/B Crystal Frequency 4MHz
    Also says 'Command to COM1' my Profilux is connected to COM3 do I need to change this?
    If these settings are OK do I click 'Full Operation (D+E+B+P)'
    Thanks again
    Mick
    Last edited by Techmik; 28.04.2013 at 17:29.

Read the advise for emergency update. It can be found in same folder as the firmware.

OK, I'm a little further on..read emergency update instructions. Cannot set Hex File, when I select Open I have no .mhx files to choose from, there are none in the FMC16LX folder, nor can I find anything on the downloads page, please advise.
    Thankyou

It´s the firmware file - unzip it @ you have the .mhx

Ok thanks got that, now its asking to press reset on microcontroller board, where is this reset?
    Oh hang on just read it does it automatically! doh!
    Last edited by Techmik; 28.04.2013 at 21:49.

Gunther, Matthias..thankyou so much for your brilliant help.
    I am now PC connected and very happy
    Now I need to learn how to programme the damn thing!
    Great help, thankyou again.
    Regards
    Mick