Thread: Level Sensor Pressure Switch

Default Level Sensor Pressure Switch

Hi, would it be possible to offer a pressure switch level sensor such as the one used on the Avast Marine Davy Jones' Skimmate locker for installation into a skimmer cup? I have used the regular float switch to switch off the skimmer when the cup is full but it gets dirty quickly. Regards, Andy

A GHL controlled pressure switch I think is a great idea. It's got a few other good uses, in ATO, RODI production, turning off a booster pump for example. Standalone switches are available today, so adding some logic and an interface to the profilux wouldn't be a huge effort, I guess it just depends on what GHL see as a market and balancing with everything else they have in development/production today.

excellent suggestion, perfect for skimmer cups!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    excellent suggestion, perfect for skimmer cups!
    Yes, this is my main thoughts to be honest as even with a skimmer neck cleaner the float switch gets pretty gunked up! Let's hope it's a practical option to manufacture

Avast Marine make a third party Version, you just need PLM-ADIN to control it, there is a user on here posted about it.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Umm, I kind of hoped that if GHL offered a pressure sensor for similar costs of to the float swith I wouldn't have to pay an incredible amount of money for a salt bucket lid regards Andy