Thread: How to assign Non-PAB digital powerbars

Default How to assign Non-PAB digital powerbars

Hi, I am pretty new to the entire profilux controller. I have a p3ex and the non pab powerbar and would like to know how to assign each socket.

I have a p3ex and the non pab powerbar
    Which one? The STDL4-4-D or the Powerbar 6D?
    Both have to be connected to a S-Socket, for the 6D you also have to set "digital" in the socket menue (see manual)

It is the 6D. I have connected it to S1-S4. I unfortunatly do not have the manual. Where can i download a pdf file of this?
    Thank you.

Could be found in the ProfiLux Programming Guide at section 7.10

You can get the manual a the download section http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...tion.php?sid=4

Correct me if I am wrong.

So after connection to S1-S4, I got under systems->digital powerbars and say yes to S1-S4, no to S5-S8. Then I go to "set numbering" and use 10 as my starting number (which will be the number for socket 1). Once I do this I plug in a on/off light to socket 1 (also numbered as 10). Then to assign the on and off time for socket 1 (also numbered as 10), I go to Systems->socket outlet function->socket 10->timer-> set as timer 10. Afterwards I go to Clock->timers->edit timer 10->normal-> then set on/off times per day?

^I did the above and the red light for Socket 1 (10) did not turn red; and the outlet plugged into socket 1 did not turn on. I'm probably doing something wrong here.
    Last edited by ygil11; 20.06.2012 at 07:54.

Maybe you haven´t saved your settings (a common error). You also can test it easy in the socket menu by setting manual switching and click ON and OFFF

I've made sure to save but still have problems. I did the manual on/off and it works though; so no issue with the powerbar or controller, just user error. I also tried to test it by assigning socket 1 (10) as illumination. Then in Illumination, I set socket 1 (10) as rainy day with set on/off schedule. It works!

Questions is, why won't it work when I assign socket 1 (10) as a timer? Maybe I should do a factory setting and see if it clear out any existing timer settings under timer (10)?