Thread: Help with GHL producs

Default Help with GHL producs

First forum post so 'Hello everybody'.

I wish to purchase a lot of GHL products in one go and spend a week switching over from my current set up to GHL. To make everything go smoothly I want to have all the correct parts and accessories before making the switchover. I've asked a couple of UK dealers but they don't seem to really know.

Where is the best place to get help before purchasing?

Thanks in advance,
    CH

Hello,

There is:
    - The Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners with a community discussion.
    - This forum
    - The ticket system https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/

Don't hesitate

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks Gaël. I will ask questions here and, if it's in the wrong place, the mods can move it please.

I'm planning to purchase the following: -

ProfiLux4 Controller (maybe the Mega Set 6e)
    Doser 2.2 Stand Alone Black
    ION D
    Doser 2.2 Stand Alone
    Doser 2.2 Maxi Stand Alone

Thought process is that I need the controller to control everything. The first doser to dose Red Sea 4-part. The ION D to test the water but particularly the CA the results of which will decide how much Red Sea 4-part to dose. The second doser is to link with the ION D. The Maxi Stand Alone will be used as an ATO with the redundant head used to pump fresh water into the tank after water changes. I've gone for stand alone items in case I ever need to sell them and to ensure I can use them for whatever is required in the future should anything change.

Questions I have are: -

1. Does the doser linked to the ION D use all 4 heads or will at least 1 be surplus and, if so, can I use this as ATO instead of purchasing the Maxi Stand Alone?
    2. Do I need to purchase a level sensor separately or does one come with any of the equipment I plan to purchase?
    3. How many plug sockets do I need to power the above? I'm not sure if each of the 5 items I plan to purchase needs it's own power or if they all plug into the Controller and are powered from that?
    4. Should I purchase the Mega Set and, if so, what are the benefits of the PowerBar specifically with the equipment I already own?
    5. Of the items I already have, which ones can be plugged into the ProfiLux4 Controller and what additional accessories will I need to enable this? Current items are as follows: -

Return Pump - Reef Octopus VarioS 2
    Heater - Schego Titanium
    Skimmer - Reef Octopus Classic 110-S
    Light - AI Prime HD
    Wave Maker - Vortech MP10
    Fan - DD Ocean Breeze

6. I assume my current temperature sensor, doser and ATO will become redundant?

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    CH

Just updating this thread to acknowledge that we've answered these questions in the ticket you opened.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.