Thread: Record initial PH reading?

Default Record initial PH reading?

Hello GHL, I have a product feature query that I’m hoping you could consider. Is it or would it be possible to record the initial PH level once the measurement cell has been filled, before the measurement process starts. Essential this tells me the current PH value of my system. I know the KHD calculates the KH reading by taking the PH starting value and amount of regent added to the cell to get to the lower PH limit to determine the PH value, so it feels like you must already be recording the initial PH value.

I have a. Nano setup (RSMN) with very limited space. Currently my cabinet is full with a KHD and 12 dosing channels. I do not have room to add a profilux and it seems overkill to add a profilux just to add a ph probe.

Obviously it’s not a deal breaker but would be handy and efficient if I could locate the PH value with the equipment that I already have.

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this would not be the best way to record tank pH because the probe inside the KHD is calibrated with 4 and 7 solutions which is sufficient for measuring KH, but not for tank pH because it falls outside of the standard range for SW aquariums.

If you're primarily interested in measuring and possibly controlling your pH, I suggest checking out the ProfiLux Mini Wi-Fi controller. It comes at a much lower price point and may be suitable for you.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.