I am working on building up a pretty extensive thunderstorm simu for my reef and I want to integrate the next phase of my rig but am struggling with ideas for programming.

Currently I have all the lighting and audio working pretty much perfectly, but I am integrating my "rain simulator". The Rain simulator is essentially a PVC manifold that drives 9 mini sprinker heads to produce water droplets across the surface of the tank during a thunderstorm

Currently this is drive by a pump connected to an outlet defined as "thunderstorm" and feeds saltwater from the sump to the sprinkler heads. This works well visually but the salt tends to clog the rotating heads if I dont run it frequently. I would like to use my auto top off resevoir for this function instead to keep the lines clean.

The goal is to trigger a thunderstorm when the Auto Top Off is activated. I can easily do this via timers currently, but I would rather have "water 1" trigger a tunderstorm.

Is there some sort of programming logic trickery I could do to trigger such a thing? Would it be possible to have "water 1" trigger digital input 1 if digital input 1 is configured as "thunderstorm start"?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know this is just a cosmetic function and not that high priority but it's a lot of fun!