Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to set Mitras 6100 HV

This is simply not true.
    Max output has nothing to do with color temperature.
    And even with 6k you will have nice coral growth but the color will be different from what we like to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

That is true
    But 12k MH is different 12k LED, led is to much yellow
    That same is in 14k

Default how to set Mitras 6100 HV

So if it looks to yellow to your eye, why do you don't set the particular channel(s) lower and the blue and whites higher?
    With the lightcomposer I tried to set something what now mimics ATI's Purple Plus and Coral Plus cobo, just by plotting the light spectra in the composer.
    It would be a charm to imitate any MH or T5 up to 90% if not more with an spectrometer on hand, but even so with a bit effort we can do so with try and trail in the composer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

I guess we talk about 2 different "max output"

I was talking about the "energy options": set everything there to maximum (high output, 100%, 65°C, fans 100%)! more power!

1. in the light composer you set every light channel to the maximum in the first step
    2. then reduce the light channels you dislike and which are not so important for the coral growth - e.g. yellow, green, maybe reduce the warm white (4400K) and the normal red a little - leave the rest at max.

you should not reduce the LED channles which are important for the photosyntesis - like all blue, hyperviolet, cool white and hyperred!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thx
    I will try, and give answer

Sorry to hijack this old thread but what is the difference between red and hyperred ?

Matthias is saying hypered is essential for photosynthesis but in a recent thread I was told not to use any red due to nuisance algae ?

Thanks

the difference is the wavelength

but in a recent thread I was told not to use any red due to nuisance algae ?
    there are a lot of different opinions about algaes and the spectrum

but keep one thing in mind: plants, algaes and (most) zooxanthella are doing photosynthesis through the several types of chlorophil, carotinoid and others
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I understand they are different wavelengths, that's stating the obvious. Maybe I should have elaboarated on the question

Does hyperred penetrate deeper through the water. Do corals use hypered more than red. Do nuisance algaes use red more than hyperred.

I have brown algae on my sand bed. It's not a slime, neither a diatom as the tank is a year old. It's hard to distinguish what it is.

I'm wondering what part of my light run is fuelling the bloom ?

in the light composer you can switch on "chlorophyl A+ B" and "violaxantin"

this gives you an idea what part of the spectrum is important for photosynthesis

thumb rule:

all HV, blue and white + hyperred near to 100%, the others according to your taste

Interesting article on red light and stony corals: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog...of-stony-coral