Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: program leakage sensor

Default program leakage sensor

Hello,

I bought the leakage sensor and interface, now i want to use logical programming to switch one or more sockets ( main pump skimmer etc) is this possible or most i do it otherwise?

Many thanks for your help.

Eugene

Would love to know this myself. The actual program logic would be very helpful.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Hi Guys,
    I have tried to find a way to do this using ATO command or something along along those lines.
    But because it is set as a level sensor, it means when it activates it will have a maximum on time which would not work to switch off pumps etc?
    Programmable logic does not have an imput for leakage detection, which is one of the operational modes for the level sensor.
    GHL need to program this in.
    Maybe GHL can provide another method of controlling pumps etc from the leakage detection sensor, but they need to provide examples on how this can be done.

This comes back to the other thread in Reefcentral. PL is limited in that only functions that GHL have determined can be used. Their completitor with their programming functions (while harder to understand initially) has a lot more flexibility.

I do not have a leakage sensor unit, but when I do, I will pick up an aftermarket one that uses a digital on/off only. Connect this to a digital input on the profilux and then you can do a lot more. (Unless GHL actually do come up with a way to control pumps and other hardware with the leakage sensor)
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

no one from ghl? can it be programmed?

Hello Eugene,

could you please explain more detailed which function you need? How shall it work exactly?

It is generally possible to activate a socket depending on the status of the leakage sensor, without programmable logic.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Carolin,

Then I dont know how to do it/programm it. I still not know how the leakage sensor en interface are working! do they automaticly stop the filling? I installed it on level 3 connector.
    I want to control sockets to stop also when the leakage sensor detects water.

Please help me out. Many thx

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Hello Eugene,

could you please explain more detailed which function you need? How shall it work exactly?

It is generally possible to activate a socket depending on the status of the leakage sensor, without programmable logic.

Here the description of the function, hope it's more clear then:

Leakage detection
    If the is activated, ProfiLux assumes a leakage and triggers an alarm. As long as there is no alarm, the switchable
    socket with functionWater fill is switched on, in case of an alarm switched off.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Carolin, if you note his first post, he wants to turn off a return pump, skimmer and other items.
    Which is what a lot of others including myself would expect from this sort of unit!
    He has asked can he do this using functional logic as the basic leakage detection function cannot do this!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    Carolin, if you note his first post, he wants to turn off a return pump, skimmer and other items.
    Which is what a lot of others including myself would expect from this sort of unit!
    He has asked can he do this using functional logic as the basic leakage detection function cannot do this!
    thx

Hi!

I am also installing a leakage sensor is there any progress on this post?

Regards