Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok so I picked up a brand new conductivity probe and calibration solution.

Default Ok so I picked up a brand new conductivity probe and calibration solution.

So I opened the package with the probe in it and to my surprise there are no instructions on how to calibrate it.

Can someone please post a wak through on how to calibrate ?

Many thanks
    Michael

Download the profilux 3 user manual ;-)

Here an excerpt from the manual:

CalibrationConductivity.JPG

Please note that the calibration of the sensors is only possible directly via the ProfiLux controller, not via the PC-software.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks but my problem is when i try calibrating it on the profilux i am asked to calibrate it but i only get two choices. either 1000 or 2000 i cant lower it to the solution of 50mS

what am i doing wrong

Have you set the measurement range to freshwater, as 1000 Micro siemens is for fresh water?
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

No I didn't change anything and wouldnt no how to anyway. Everyone keeps telling me to read the owners manuals but nothing I see on my profilux is in the manuals. Can someone please help me with this ?

the conductivity input has 2 measurement ranges: seawater and freshwater

please select the correct range (in your case seawater), from there on you will be able to calibrate with 50mS

you can do the change in GCC or on the device itself
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So i am so sorry but i just cant find what you are talking about, I don't see a selection for freshwater or seawater anywhere. where do i find this? I have checked the profilux and the software on the ghl control center, why is it that everyone assumes that i know what and were you are talking about.
    here is this what you want for this thread?
    profilux
    sensor settings
    conduct . (f) 1 normal operations hours hysterasis alarm calibration activity curr.act.value op.mode control.signal filter normal value operations hours
    calibration
    cali. tolerance <1>
    calibra . value 2 2000us
    temp. -sensor 1 temp sensor 2aquar.temp.man.
    temp.-sensor 1 25,0c
    temp.of.ca.fluid 25.0c
    hold eletr in the air!

What did i miss? its not here, You really need to display better instructions as none of the manuals list anything anywhere about changing from salt water to freshwater etc.

please help

Do you see the big button where it says "Change measurement range"? Hit that one and click "yes" on the popup window. Now you are ready to calibrate.

Because this is basic stuff and is explained in the manuals.

Have you downloaded all the manuals.

ProfiLux31all_Manual_2013-11-07.pdf
    Programming guide_V611.pdf
    Programmable_logic.pdf

" Page in the programming guide.
    2.12 Measurement range
    For certain measurement inputs the measurement range can be set.
    Temperature
    Here, the measurement range can be selected according to the connected temperature sensor. There are 2 types of
    water temperature sensors:
    Aquarium – Measurement range ca. 11.5 °C up to 38 °C
    Pond – Measurement range ca. 0 °C up to 40 °C
    As default setting the measurement range is set to Aquarium. Change the measurement range only if you connect a
    sensor for ponds! If measurement range and the used sensor are not conform, then false temperatures are measured!
    Conductivity
    If the concerned input is an onboard-input of ProfiLux Plus II eX resp. of ProfiLux 3/3.1 eX, then the measurement
    range can be changed here – for Sea water or Fresh water. Please keep in mind that with the change of the
    measurement range all settings for this input get lost and are reset to the default settings."

So go to GCC.
    Go to Measurement probes.
    Go to conductivity tab
    Got to button on page which says change measurement range.
    Once you have clicked on it, it will give you a warning. Select yes and then the system will probably disconnect.
    Connect again and you will be in the upper range.
    Then calibrate as per your above message.

I assume that you have the platinum probe? This is for a marine environment. The carbon probe should only be used in a fresh water environment.

Now of course if you actually run a fresh water aquarium. You just need to get a different test solution to suit.

NOTE: I do not work for GHL!. I am just a user of the product like you.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!