Thread: Doser 2

Default Doser 2

Hi . I just recieved my doser2 unit.
    I just wondered what kind off sensors i Can be using for the auto top off? Can Any sensor be pluged in if it is with the right type of plug?
    And if i buy a Y-splitter, is it correct i Can plug in an extra sensor for safety, if the first one fails to stop the pump?

And another question.
    In what kind of use Can i be using a temperature probe? Can i do Any controlling whit this unit? Is it possible to connect a GHL powerbar and use it Like a computer?

you can use any of the GHL level sensors

if you want to connect 2 of them you need our splitter

with 2 you are able to either have automatic water change or ATO with redundant sensor

temp probe is just for display, no control
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Redundant. I dont know that word?

Is there Any plans for the future to connect a GHL powerbar to the doser and use it like a computer?

Redundant. I dont know that word?
    Wiktionary says:
    Duplicating or able to duplicate the function of another component of a system, providing back-up in the event the other component fails.

Can the doser be used as an auto top off? What would be best the optical level sensor or just figuring out the required evaporation and auto dosing that amount daily. Currently I evaporate just under a gallon a day. Would I be ok with 40 ml a dose with 90 auto doses a day from and equipment stand point?

Hi,

Yes, the Doser 2 can be used as an ATO.

Dosing a fixed amount of RO water may be enough on some days and not enough on other days. It is much safer to use the optical sensor because the rate of evaporation can change day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

Yes, the Doser 2 can be used as an ATO.

Dosing a fixed amount of RO water may be enough on some days and not enough on other days. It is much safer to use the optical sensor because the rate of evaporation can change day to day.
    Thanks.. Is the optical sensor the only additional component needed to use the doser as an ato?

Yes that is correct. Using one sensor will be enough for ATO.

If you wish to have added security, you can have a second sensor become the back-up. To do this, you will need a second sensor and a splitter.

Hi,

Is it possible to connect the Doser 2 Stand Alone version lateron to the profilux computer?

Hello,

Yes, you can "degrade" Doser2 SA with latest GHL Control Center and Firmware 1.17 to Slave and connect it to ProfiLux via PAB.

You can open a new thread next time, as this one is rather old.

So long.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.