Thread: Leak detector question

Default Leak detector question

I have a leak detector plugged into level 3 on my Profilux 3. I set my skimmer to water fill, per instructions, and skimmer shuts off. So I invert and skimmer turns on. Put the leak detector in a bit of water and the skimmer doesn't shut off. Does anyone know how to program this thing? I want it to shut off my return, skimmer, heaters, etc. in case of a leak. Or is this not what it's supposed to do?
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I have a leak detector plugged into level 3 on my Profilux 3. I set my skimmer to water fill, per instructions, and skimmer shuts off. So I invert and skimmer turns on. Put the leak detector in a bit of water and the skimmer doesn't shut off. Does anyone know how to program this thing? I want it to shut off my return, skimmer, heaters, etc. in case of a leak. Or is this not what it's supposed to do?
    From the Manual.

"Leakage detection
    If the is activated, ProfiLux assumes a leakage and triggers an alarm. As long as there is no alarm, the switchable
    socket with functionWater fill is switched on, in case of an alarm switched off.

Return pump
    As soon as the sensor registers a high level, the switchable socket with the function Water fill is switched on. When
    the level falls below, it is switched off again."

So no, level leakage detection with a level switch only enables/Disables the ATO fill socket?? (Personally I don't understand this logic.

But I believe they now sell an actual leakage detector (works on water conductance). Here
    But not sure where it plugs in to and what logic it uses? Tried to download some information on this from the download area, but ended up going around in circles.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

I have the PLA-0851 leakage interface with the PLA-0850 leakage sensor. I thought this would allow me to manipulate the sockets I want when a leak is detected, it doesn't. If all it does is send an alarm it's basically useless. Unless, the alarm can manipulate the sockets I want, but that probably requires program logic and I'm no programmer and haven't figured out how to get program logic to do much of what I want. Thanks, for the reply Paul.
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

a)
    I set my skimmer to water fill, per instructions, and skimmer shuts off. So I invert and skimmer turns on. Put the leak detector in a bit of water and the skimmer doesn't shut off
    I don't understand. Can you post the relevant screenshots with the setting instead?

b)
    is the ProfiLux-Sensor reacting to this sensor input (3) at all?
    means: start GCC, go to level section, watch the sensors (table on bottom) - state direct/delayed
    what happens when contact with water / dry?

BTW - the leak sensor is not the appropriate sensor for this case in my opinion, you need a floater
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The leak detector shows a dash in both states, direct and delayed when dry. I'll try some water when I get home.

I fail to see how a float switch can detect a leak, and then shut off pumps and heaters to avoid running them dry. What exactly is a leak detector supposed to do? Simply send an alarm?
    Perry

What exactly is a leak detector supposed to do?
    The hardware is designed to recognize a very low level of water (<1mm) on a surface the sensor is mounted or lying on.
    It closes the contact and the PL recognizes it. It´s up to you to program the event you want to start then (alarm, pump on/off, email, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    The hardware is designed to recognize a very low level of water (<1mm) on a surface the sensor is mounted or lying on.
    It closes the contact and the PL recognizes it. It´s up to you to program the event you want to start then (alarm, pump on/off, email, ...)
    There's the rub, program logic is still a mystery to me. Thanks for the help.
    Perry