Thread: updating firmware and would like to know if certain functions will be affected

Default updating firmware and would like to know if certain functions will be affected

Hi

I am updating from 5.15 to the latest version and will use the profilux control software to do this with a usb connection.

I have some very complex and important functions that I am wondering if they will still work using programmable logic and 3 level sensors.

Can anyone tell me what kind things may not work in this latest version from 5.15?

Do I also have to update the pab bars? or does this happen during the update? or do they work without updating them?

In the profilux control software when about to update, what do the tick boxes

1. Wait until the connected powerbars have switched before the update

2. Prevent security confirmation on this device

mean?

If all fails can I use the GHL control center to update the firmware back to 5.15?

I cant seem to find a download for 5.15 on the downloads page which makes me more nervous Is there a copy of the 5.15 firmware anywhere?

I have the profilux 3 ex
    running version 5.15

Would be thankful for any info and advice.

Can anyone tell me what kind things may not work in this latest version from 5.15?
    Webcam settings, dosingpumps + timer

Do I also have to update the pab bars? or does this happen during the update? or do they work without updating them?
    They should work without an update. If you want update the powerbar you have to do it with the wizard withing GHL COntrol Center, it does not happen with the ProfiLux update.

1. Wait until the connected powerbars have switched before the update
    The program waits until the powerbars switched to the initial state. It is your choice to check it or not.

2. Prevent security confirmation on this device
    Regulary the ProfiLux asks you to confirm the firmware update. We recommend not to set this checkbox and follow the instructions the software will give you.

If all fails can I use the GHL control center to update the firmware back to 5.15?
    If all fails you can do an emergency update, you can find the manual for the emergency update in our download area: https://aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/ghldownloads

I cant seem to find a download for 5.15 on the downloads page which makes me more nervous Is there a copy of the 5.15 firmware anywhere?
    If it fails you can contact me via PM and I will send you the firmware.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks for your detailed answers Artur

what will be the problem with the dosing pumps and timers?

I dose calc alk and coral fluid using my timers and dosing pumps.

what will i need to do to set these back up again?

There was a change in version 6.07, we added extra settings for dosingpumps and changed the timers.
    It could be that your timers will be gone, but you can set the new settings for the dosingunits to dose your fluids.

For that you set the socket of the dosingunit to "Dosing pump" and use the new dosing view:

pumps.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Looks pretty straight forward

Thanks Artur