Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x Tunze streamers setup....

Default 4x Tunze streamers setup....

Hi All,
    I know this subject has been discussed but for some reason I'm struggling in getting my current pumps organized. I have a profilux3Ex with 4x Tunze 6105 pumps. 2x left/right on the front and 2x left/right at the back.
    2x pumps are connected via L1/L2 port trough Y splitter and T1 and T2 cables. The same for the other 2x pumps connected but than via L3/L4 port.

My plan is to have the front and back pumps work opposite each other, so when back is on the front pumps are off and visa versa.
    I have issues with assigning pumps to groups (1 or 2) and having them run opposite ... can somebody please look at my screens and comment with correct print screens so I can understand.

Txs all,

jan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.8 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 61 views)
    Last edited by diverdutch; 06.03.2015 at 14:12.

GHL Support please assist.

txs
    jan

I suggest you have them on one group as it will be easier to manage timing with the pumps.
    With one group you put front side of the tank as pump 1 and 3 and the back side pump 2 and 4.
    Select permanent opposite and this will make the odd pumps go when the even pumps stop and vice a versa.
    You can do the same with 2 groups but not sure if the timing between the two groups will be for each side will be together.

You will also need to change the minimum in the pump speed percentages in the bottom of the page to 0 if you want the pumps to switch on and off. I have also set mine to right angle waves to get the on off scenario you are looking for.

And I don't think GHL are on here over the weekend?
    I don't think I have seen them on here then?
    Last edited by Antipodes; 08.03.2015 at 21:48.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Thxs Paul,

I have them running on your settings ... but if i set minimum to 0% my streamers make a clicking sound when becoming active which i think will not benefit lifespent of streamers so i set them on 1% which i think work ....

Maybe GHL comes up with better response so leave tread open ....

ones again appreciatie your i put

Yeah I think you are talking about when they shut down and start up.
    I have mine on a 30 second cycle and they are the earlier models with the brakes in them.
    However the I know the Tunze 7195 controller (I think right number) does shut them off and on, and the wave makers need to be able to turn the pump on and off, so they should be OK to switch on and off?

Having said that, it should work fine as you have it. I believe the silence clamp will shut down the clicking sound if you really need to have one off and the other on!

And no problems, help when I can.
    Call me Paul !

Paul,

I have the 6105 (1.5 years old) with silence clamp but when set to 0% - 40% they all click. So I set to 1% and this should do the trick I guess.
    after print screen I changed the V settings from 3 - 8v to 1 - 10v and now the pumps stop completely and start without clicking, even with pump minimum set at 1% :-)

1.png

2.png

6105_000.jpg
    Turbelle stream 6105 (6105.000)
    For aquariums from 200 to 2,000 litres (50 to 525 USgal.)

Do I set this jumper on the power supply on 12v or 18v (standard) or 24v ?
    Last edited by diverdutch; 10.03.2015 at 13:04.

The jumper if set to 24v enables full power of 13,000 ltrs an hour when set to 100%.
    If you are finding that they are producing enough water flow at 100% as they are, then I suggest leave it at 18V. If you find even at 18V Max flow is too much then you can reduce to 12V.
    But with the profilux it is so much simpler to just enable the performance in the program by increasing or decreasing the performance with the percentage. As you have done by restricting the max to 40%.
    Call me Paul !

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    But with the profilux it is so much simpler to just enable the performance in the program by increasing or decreasing the performance with the percentage.
    Thxs for your input and i understand that with Profilux you can control the capacity % but with 12v jumpers in place at 85% the streamers run much smoother than before with 18v jumper at 45%. Also the clicking when the streamers kick-in from the stop phase is gone....

OK, that is good to know. Allways learning!!
    Call me Paul !

ok i'm posting my final setting for 4x Tunze 6105 streamers (I changed 18v jumper to 12v jumper on power adapter Tunze). 2x pumps are connected via L1/L2 port trough GHL Y splitter and T1 & T2 cables and visa versa with the other 2x streamers
    connected via L3/L4 port. See pictures for GHL Control setting.

Thank you all for the assistance...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by diverdutch; 04.04.2015 at 07:54.