Thread: Current Pumps Grouping

Default Current Pumps Grouping

Hi All,
    I believe this subject has already been discussed and it should be easy to solve, but for some reason I'm struggling in getting my current pumps organized.
    I have connected to my profilux 4 Tunze Pumps (2 nanos and 2 6105 Turbelles), each 2 are connected via L1L2 trough Y splitter and T1 and T2 cables. the same way for the other 2 pumps connected to L3L4 port.
    my plan is to have them in 2 groups and work opposite each other Group 1 left side of the tank and Group 2 right side of the tank, when one group is active the other one is not and vice-versa

Thank you for the help.

Regards
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Helipad View Post
    Hi All,
    I believe this subject has already been discussed and it should be easy to solve, but for some reason I'm struggling in getting my current pumps organized.
    I have connected to my profilux 4 Tunze Pumps (2 nanos and 2 6105 Turbelles), each 2 are connected via L1L2 trough Y splitter and T1 and T2 cables. the same way for the other 2 pumps connected to L3L4 port.
    my plan is to have them in 2 groups and work opposite each other Group 1 left side of the tank and Group 2 right side of the tank, when one group is active the other one is not and vice-versa

Thank you for the help.

Regards
    Pedro
    I suggest you have them on one group as it wil lbe easier to manage timing with the pumps.
    With one group you put one side of the tank as pump 1 and 3 and the other side pump 2 and 4.
    Select permanent opposite and this will make the odd pumps go when the even pumps stop and vice a versa.
    You can do the same with 2 groups but not sure if the timing between the two groups will be for each side will be together.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply I will give a ry and see how they perform.

Regards
    Pedro

How did you get on Pedro?
    Call me Paul !

Hi Paul,
    Apparently I make them work, but accidentally :-)
    I had made a confusion with your reply and what i did was by mistake "clone" 2 pumps, in other words I got 2 pumps working as stream pump 1and 2 pumps working as stream pump 2 all in one group. Some how they work as expected

Regards
    Pedro

At least they are working as you want them, which is good.
    Yep there are many different ways to make the system work for you.
    Call me Paul !