Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: controlling my koi pond with the profilux

Default controlling my koi pond with the profilux

hello

hope somebody can help

im planning of controlling my koipond with the profilux as well as my reef in door

today i use this a oase aquamax 14500 and a fm master 3 , to switch on and off and to dim the pump down to around 1/3 in the night . ( so that the noise from the waterfall in the night is not so high )

but its manual and not esy to use .

can anyone tell me if the new powerbar 5.1 or the Powerbar2Dim can control this pump, before i buy this

links hereunder and looking forward hearing from you .

/Frank

http://www.oase-livingwater.com/en_U...b7f7c1869f888e

http://www.oase-livingwater.com/en_E...5f6516ed24041c

Quote Originally Posted by frankieboy View Post
    can anyone tell me if the new powerbar 5.1 or the Powerbar2Dim can control this pump, before i buy this
    Please note that the type Powerbar2Dim is no longer available.
    We kindly ask you to contact the pump manufacturer directly, if this pump can be controlled by phase-controlled modulation.
    Then you can use our Powerbar5.1.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks ,,, how about the powerbar2dim will that work , aquaristic.net have one in stock

will this also work ? as well as the new powerbar ? , then i will have 2 outputs

will this also work
    No. You can´t speed control normal 230V 50Hz 1~ motors with this kind of dimmer - you woud need a frequency converter for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    No. You can´t speed control normal 230V 50Hz 1~ motors with this kind of dimmer - you woud need a frequency converter for that.
    Thanks gunther ,,,,Ok ,,, will the new powerbar 5.1 work ??? , since the oase fm master 3 works , i dont think fm master is a frequency converter since you also can use it to dim a light bulb .

will the new powerbar 5.1 work ???
    I don´t think so.

since the oase fm master 3 works
    I also don´t think so. Quote from the Aquamax 14500 manual:

Protective measure: Do not connect the unit to a dimmable power supply.
    In general it´s not possible to dim an asyncronous motor with leading/trailing edge phase control. There maybe an effect you recognize as lower power, but this is slipping of the rotor which is no real dimming. And it´s no good for the motor.
    It is maybe possible if you use wave packet control instead of leading/trailing edge phase control, but I only know one manufacturer of such a device.
    The Oase documentation doesn´t give clear infos, but I think it isn´t wave packet due this is very uncommon. You can test it: If you connect a bulb ad it is wave packet, the bulb will flicker very fast.
    Last edited by Gunther; 16.02.2015 at 21:37.

thanks wery much .

found this service number for Oase products .

http://www.oase-livingwater.com/en_U...rviceline.html

and have just called them .

according to them the aquamax premium pumps can be dimmed , but not the aquamax classic which i by mistake linked to ( i thought the motortype was the same ) , sorry

but oase cannot tell if it will work with other products than their own .

the correct pump is the premium type , and i cannot find the " Do not connect the unit to a dimmable power supply " in the doc of the premium pump

http://www.oase-livingwater.com/en_E...e3234578b39a3f

so i would be wery happy if you can say if there is a chance the dimming will work with the new GHL powerbar 5.1

Thanks / Frank

Hi

It will work! We use all the oase pumpe often and 'dim' them with the 2-Dim and I think it will be the same with the 5.1

regards

Urs

thanks for the answer ,,,, it sounds so good .

i will order the powerbar .

have bought the new 5.1 powerbar a few months ago , and using the dimming function via the illumination channel 1
    but i would like to have pulsing speeds .
    my questions :
    1. is it possible to program the dimmable socket on 5.1 powerbar using the streampump dialog that is used to program 1-10 volt DC pumps with ?
    2. if i use dim function on this socket i cannot switch the socket off , is that correct , or is there a workaround ?