Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FW update from 6.12 to 6.13

Default FW update from 6.12 to 6.13

I update the FW to 6.13 on my profilux 3.iT (serial 1412111064) and after that I had strange PH value (very low reading).
    I dowloaded the previous settings but for PH sensor still remain as default settings so i was forced to recalibrate the ph sensor and adjust manually e.g. nominal value.
    Now the sensor show bit less value in ph at 8.00 while before update it was quite stable at 8.3.

Is this normal or something strange in FW update? I expected all settings were restored !

When you make a firmware update, then generally data can get lost.
    So you have to check all your settings after the update if they are correct.
    If the sensor shows the correct value in the calibration fluid after calibration, then the sensor is working properly.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Dear Carolin,
    is it by the way normal that after this calibration using same ph4 and ph7 fluids the sensore mesures bit different than one month ago when I did first calibration?
    Ph is a very sensitive value so measure must be precise.....from first calibration with FW 6.12 i had ph from 8.3 to 8.45 now it is 8.00!
    I mean I just had a look of Ph value before FW update and it was 8.3, after update I was reading 5,9!!!! .... so I restarted calibration and after calibration it is 8.00.
    New FW update and new calibration took about 30 min ...so I it can't be 0.3 ph difference in 30 min

Did I do some mistake in calibration process to have 0.3 Ph value difference ?
    do I have to recalibrate the Ph sensor or switch it of and on again as a reset?

Regards

In general: Doing a ph4/ph7 calibration to measure ph values of 8 and above is not a really good idea. You should calibrate it with ph7/ph9 fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    In general: Doing a ph4/ph7 calibration to measure ph values of 8 and above is not a really good idea. You should calibrate it with ph7/ph9 fluid.
    I do not have PH9 fluid as I just received ph4 and 7 as calibration fluid with my profilux starting box, no advice from your sales about that even I told them I need it for marine tank!

By the way I did it with ph4 and 7 even the first time so you mean that such 0.3 difference in measurement is due to a wrong calibration? ....so I did a mistake since the beginning? OMG .... so I have marine tank and expect to have PH values from 8 up to 8,4 what do I have to do to have as much as possible precise measurement from my profilux 3.1T?
    Tanks

I do not have PH9 fluid as I just received ph4 and 7 as calibration fluid with my profilux starting box, no advice from your sales about that even I told them I need it for marine tank!
    For this point you should ask your dealer.

By the way I did it with ph4 and 7 even the first time so you mean that such 0.3 difference in measurement is due to a wrong calibration?
    In general, if a probe is new, it may have a slight drift at the beginning until it´s "buned in". However, measurement out of calibration range also will cause errors. Third point are leak currents in the tank.

so I did a mistake since the beginning? OMG
    Not really. Measurement is´t as pecise as it could be, that´s all.

... so I have marine tank and expect to have PH values from 8 up to 8,4 what do I have to do to have as much as possible precise measurement from my profilux 3.1T?
    Calibrate the probe with ph7/ph9 fluid and test, if there is a ph jump if you switch on/of other devices or if there is a difference if you measure your tank and a glass of tank water outside. If there is no difference in/outside and with on/off devices all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    For this point you should ask your dealer.

In general, if a probe is new, it may have a slight drift at the beginning until it´s "buned in". However, measurement out of calibration range also will cause errors. Third point are leak currents in the tank.

Not really. Measurement is´t as pecise as it could be, that´s all.

Calibrate the probe with ph7/ph9 fluid and test, if there is a ph jump if you switch on/of other devices or if there is a difference if you measure your tank and a glass of tank water outside. If there is no difference in/outside and with on/off devices all is well.
    Hi Gunther,
    First thanks for your feedback.
    I order this starting kit to GHL directly

Sensors are in sump under skimmer flux.

I'll try to collect ph9 for calibration.

so you are my dealer
    You are wrong. I´m not GHL staff

....any feedback from ghl.staff to confirm recalibration with ph9 mandatory for right ph measurment on marine tank?

I am not GHL staff,
    However this is common knowledge whether you use the probe for measuring acids or alkalines for cooking cleaning or etching.
    Use the calibration buffers that are in the range you wish to measure for improved accuracy.
    My experience indicates about .3 mismeasure can be made from using a low PH calibrated probe in a high PH enviroinment! (Possibly more if probe in poor condition)
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!