Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitras 6xxx pendant vs Mithras light bars

Default Mitras 6xxx pendant vs Mithras light bars

Hi all,
    I'm thinking to replace my razor 300w with Mitras product but I'm thinking about that as my tank is 120cm wide and to cover it properly I need 2 Mitras pendant.
    Looking at Mitras light bars 110cm it seems covering better my tank but......
    Which is main difference using pendant Mitras or light bar?
    How many and types light bars do I have to use to have right spectrum for deep acro sps tank population?
    Any chance to fix to tank edges Mitras 6xxx pendant?
    Regards
    Andrea

Which are the measures of your tank?

You presently have 300 W in total above the tank that shall be replaced?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

120x45x50h
    Yes at peresent i have 300w

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Which are the measures of your tank?

You presently have 300 W in total above the tank that shall be replaced?

...and news?
    Regards

Hello,

for this tank size we recommend:

-2x Mitras LX 6200-HV, in order that the tank is equally illuminated (also the edges).

-2-3x Mitras Lightbar 120 Actinic or Deep Actinic (or a mix)
    If you like to replace your 300 W, then 3 Lightbars would be necessary.
    Regarding only the width of your tank, I would have recommended to start with 2 Lightbars.

At the bottom of this page, you can have a look at the Lightbar sizes again:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...itras-lightbar
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

for this tank size we recommend:

-2x Mitras LX 6200-HV, in order that the tank is equally illuminated (also the edges).

-2-3x Mitras Lightbar 120 Actinic or Deep Actinic (or a mix)
    If you like to replace your 300 W, then 3 Lightbars would be necessary.
    Regarding only the width of your tank, I would have recommended to start with 2 Lightbars.

At the bottom of this page, you can have a look at the Lightbar sizes again:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...itras-lightbar

Dear Carolin,
    4 questions about your feedback:

1.- 3xLB + all accessories to be controlled by profilux compared with 2x 6xxx pendant has a really big price difference, so are these 2 possibilities comparable in term of quality and results for my tank?
    2.- can I simulate same light scenario with LB and 6xxx or LB has limitation compared with LB?
    3.- can you send me dimension of LB-Z-Holder as I need to calculate if 3 of them fits on my tank edge as from one side I have Tunze Overflow Box 1074 that reduce the space for the 3 LB_Z_Holder.
    4.- in case is it possible to order to you dedicated LB-Holder based on my tank dimension and constrain?

Regards

....news from ghl staff?
    Thanks

Hello,

the main difference regarding the price between the Mitras LX and the Mitras Lightbars is that the Mitras LX have their own controller integrated while the Lightbars need a ProfiLux to be controlled.
    Also the Mitras LX can be addressd by radio signal (among each other as Master and Slave and also via the PWC-card by the ProfiLux).

The width of the Z-Holder is 10 cm, the height is 3 cm.

"in case is it possible to order to you dedicated LB-Holder based on my tank dimension and constrain?"
    Do you mean if we can offer you customized holders? I'm sorry, this is unfortunately not possible.

Hello,

the main difference regarding the price between the Mitras LX and the Mitras Lightbars is that the Mitras LX have their own controller integrated while the Lightbars need a ProfiLux to be controlled.
    Also the Mitras LX can be addressd by radio signal (among each other as Master and Slave and also via the PWC-card by the ProfiLux).

>> so from quality in term of performance they are comparable, isn't it?

The width of the Z-Holder is 10 cm, the height is 3 cm.

>> it means that for using 3 LB I need 3 Z hoder and 30cm space on tank edges, isn't it?

"in case is it possible to order to you dedicated LB-Holder based on my tank dimension and constrain?"
    Do you mean if we can offer you customized holders? I'm sorry, this is unfortunately not possible.
    >> Yes I mean having one single customized Z-holder for fitting 3 LB and a bit higher than 3cm as it is to much close to the water

.....news?