Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: controlling the royal ex Rd3 speedy pump 8m3 with the interface adapter

Lächeln controlling the royal ex Rd3 speedy pump 8m3 with the interface adapter

hello

have just bought this pump and controller

if i connect this pump to my profilux 10 v output , can i then change the speed of the pump manually via the touchpanel ???

og via the profilux ???

i know i kan make a program for the speeds and so , but can i do a manually override , like i for ex. can do with the sockets ?

looking forward to hear more

Hello,

have you already tested if this pump can be controlled via the ProfiLux at all?
    Because it is not known to me, so I can't confirm that it is possible.

A direct manual override doesn't exist for the 1-10V-interfaces.
    You can only dim the illumination channels manually up and down (via light scenarios resp. manual illumination).
    But for that you would have to change the function of the 1-10V-interface from stream pump to illumination first.
    So it's possible but not that simple and direct as for the sockets.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks for the reply

yes ,,, the pump and controller are build for the profilux !

http://royalexclusiv.net/Flow-Pumps/...ion::1208.html

http://royalexclusiv.net/Flow-Pumps/...ion::1422.html

please make it possible with manual override in a near firmwareupgrade !! ( in the meantime i will try to use the illumination instead . )

and please make it possible to program the pumps with variables so that its possible to make streams with variables , så that its not necessary to connect the computer if we need a change of for ex. 5 w til the pumps .

hope you know what i mean , i think a lot of people will buy this pump in the future so please make the profilux so that its easy to control these pumps .

Hi Frankie Boy,
    Not sure when you want to use this override feature, but you can make it part of a feed pause or maintenance activity and control it like that.
    You have 4 feed pauses and 4 maintenance activities you can see up so it is possible to make one unique to the pump if needed!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The request for the feature has been received. An announcement will be made if it will be implemented in the next FW update.
    txs Vinny looking forward to GHL ingenuity !

It is time to continue to work on this topic.

Right now I am preparing the next firmware for the ProfiLux and I want check what we can do about this here.

I still have a slight understanding problem. The ProfiLux has countless options to control speed variable pumps, why can't we use this functionality, if needed with simplified settings.

We can have a speed which varies from day to night. The speed can be reduced during feed pause (or increased during thunderstorm). The output reacts on maintenance mode. Etc.

What is missing here?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Please explain how we can achieve that with the current FW!
    Thank you

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

Very easy.

1. Chose a pump group
    2. Assign one pump
    3. Do the settings for this pump:
    - permanent, no waves, night decrease enabled (select times)
    - in the pump settings chose the "normal" speed (max), enable feed pause and select a feed pause behaviour, chose the feed pause speed (min), set a speed for night
    4. chose a 1-10V interface and assign "Stream pump x"

for example:

PumpSettings.PNG

Interesting. Didn't know I could do this.
    One more question.
    Let's say my RD3 pump is connected to S12. How do I link that socket function to the stream group?

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

Doesn't the pump require permanent power all the time? Why not use a standard wall outlet?
    Or if you want to use GHL Powerbar socket: Use function "Stream pump x" (which is usually on and only shuts off at 0% stream pump speed)