Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAB communication error to expansion box after 6.13 firmware upgrade

Default PAB communication error to expansion box after 6.13 firmware upgrade

I have just done the firmware upgrade and it went well enough, it was slower than normal and it did lose all settings but these were restored from the back up i took prior to the upgrade. - my issue is that the expansion box no longer works. I have tried to reset the PAB connection & all of the other PAB options and while the profilux can identify the expansion box it would allow it to be assigned, the profilux screens displays "PAB Communicati Error"
    I have looked in control centre under system and its visible but i cant do any configuration on it? Any ideas would be most welcome

Just to add that when i did the upgrade i used a windows 8 machine rather than my usual w7 desktop, i say this may be relevant because when i go into system view in control centre on the W8 laptop i dont see the PAB or expansion box listed under it, when i look at the system view on my normal w7 desktop i can see it there as i would expect. I have even tried restoring setting via again via the desktop but its producing the same problem.
    Last edited by redlion; 28.01.2015 at 00:52.

Do you use the last GHL Control Center?

Try to reset the PAB settings directly in the ProfiLux and assign the PAB devices again.

I have looked in control centre under system and its visible but i cant do any configuration on it?
    What you mean with configuration?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I am using the latest version of control centre.

I have also reset and reassigned the PAB through the profilux front panel - this is where i get the PAB communication error.

As for the configuration, i seem to remember that when viewing system in control centre, i could highlight the PAB / Expansion box and the "configuration" option being able to be selected (rather than greyed out) - is there a way of configuring PAB from control centre?

As for the configuration, i seem to remember that when viewing system in control centre, i could highlight the PAB / Expansion box and the "configuration" option being able to be selected (rather than greyed out) - is there a way of configuring PAB from control centre?
    No, that configuration button only appears for PAB devices and module cards.

I have also reset and reassigned the PAB through the profilux front panel - this is where i get the PAB communication error.
    Can you post a screenshot of this message please? You can go to remote control in GHL Control Center and take a screenshot with Windows Snipping Tool.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

this is a screenshot of the PAB error taken just after i have selected the PAB device to asign device / selected device / examin PAB then i get the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you, we will check this as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by redlion View Post
    this is a screenshot of the PAB error taken just after i have selected the PAB device to asign device / selected device / examin PAB then i get the error.
    I've absolutely the same problem here with my PL since FW 6.13.
    Last edited by rem; 31.01.2015 at 09:52.

We will fix this problem as fast as possible.

is there any update on this? The ability to use my expansion box is quite important

Still in progress.