Thread: Timed ATO Not Working

Default Timed ATO Not Working

I am trying to get around the fact that we can not setup different Max-On Times for ATO, AWC Drain and AWC Fill...

In order to do this I have the following setup:

Control Circuit 1 - Control Mode ATO, Timer 1, Max-On Time 30 minutes, Level-Input-1 = 1, Level-Input-2 = N/A
    Timer 1 is set as "Even Start" and I have 8 events setup (every 3 hours), and every day of the week. This should allow for ATO to happen throughout the day when the time is triggerd AND if the Level-1 sensor shows water is low.

However, an entire day goes by and ATO NEVER triggers. Looking at the Probe/SensorControls/Level and my Control Circuit 1 NEVER shows 'Fill' (nope no alarms either)...

If I change Control Circuit-1 for the ATO to always be on - ATO triggers (fill) when the sensor shows water is low.

What am I missing ?

This is odd; I also plan to do the same method but I didn't know it does not work in that manner. This is why separate maximum times are needed for each portion; ATO and AWC cannot have the same maximum on-time. It only takes 1-2 minutes to ATO, but AWC can take 10-30 minutes.

I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented; but it makes perfect sense - otherwise seems like disasters will happen more frequently.
    Last edited by Raul-7; 26.01.2015 at 04:32.

GHL ... Assistance Needed. Please

I took another look at my setup and still can not figure out WHY an ATO set to come on (evaluate the sensor) every 2 hours does not work! The sensor NEVER shows as having a low water level (even after 3 gallons has evaporated)

Im trying a different approach...

Control 1 - ATO & Water Cnange, AWC Timer 2, Max On Time 30 minutes, Level-input 1 and 2 both set to Sensor 1
    Control 2 - Water Change, AWC Timer 2, Max On Time 10 minutes, Level-Input 1 = sensor 1, Level-Input 2 = Sensor 2

Socket Functions:
    ATO Pump - Fill Water (ATO Only) 1
    New Salt Water - Fill Water (AWC Only) 2
    Drain Pump - Drain 2

GHL .... ?

Thanks

Hello,

Do you try to program the timer to "Normal" instead of "Event start", this is exactly how it is done for me with the same controls of you and it works

Olivier

Olivier,

Do you happen to know what the difference is between "Normal" and "Even Start" when setting up timers ? I know I use "Even Start" for my manual periodic dosing such that I can specify when certain things are dosed. And based on the I probably used "Event" to setup the periodic ATO... Not sure WHY this wouldnt work, but I will try the "Normal" setting and see what happens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balloonpilot View Post
    Olivier,

Do you happen to know what the difference is between "Normal" and "Even Start" when setting up timers ? I know I use "Even Start" for my manual periodic dosing such that I can specify when certain things are dosed. And based on the I probably used "Event" to setup the periodic ATO... Not sure WHY this wouldnt work, but I will try the "Normal" setting and see what happens.

Thanks
    Maybe event start is to initiate something like dosing or AWC; and normal is just like a regular plug-in timer - it allows the socket to turn on.