Thread: Muz_zz Zeo reef reboot!!

Default Muz_zz Zeo reef reboot!!

Well I think I have some ok photos to show, I have half worked out the camera and using picasa 3 and only use the auto colour function and this what I got, it almost looks as it is

I cleaned the bottom of the tank today as I added some Extra and it turned the bottom brown, I had a problem getting the particles to get into the weir so added a canister filter intake pipe to the weir, and to my amusement I just put it under the water till all the air was put put my thumb over the output and placed into the weir and away it went had to slow down my full siphon in the weir to keep the sump level right but now it sucks crap out from the bottom of the tank, it dosent need to get to the weir to be removed from the tank( make sure if you do this up put a siphon break ten ml below the water level incase of a power failure that way you won't have your entire tank on the floor best thing I have done so far.

Calcium reactor running now but slow PH in Reavtor is 7.00 Ph and 30ml a minute flowing through reactor. There isn't a big Alk consumption at the moment.
    I am running this off my return ( which changes all the time un it'll my vario blue 2 arrives to controll The flow through reactor, and the carbon doser from aquariumplants.com to electronically control the bubble count).

Engine room pic, all cable trays are exposed and PH probe running In Temporary position till my order from Seawatec arrives with new PH probe and additional PH port with card for Profilux

FTS

And the rest of the pics

Hope you enjoy the pics

There maybe more pics to come

I am running mostly frags (48) and there is three wild colonies in the tank that I made sure had no live rock attached for and bugs or parasites. My last setup in this tank failed due to not treating the wild colonies before putting in tank.

I use the tropic marin treatment know and fresh water dip every thing amazed at how much hangers on there is !!

The rock I got off a fellow reefer that hd inspected and riddled anything that come on the rock before he added to his system so the rock had been in a ZeO system for 18 months so I had a great start to the cycle on the reboot which there was none.

I started with the ZEOVit 14 day cycle and have been running a tight Zeo schedule since and it's paying off all but one coral is showing nice growth and retaining good colour after been dipped I treatment and then fresh water and then another go in a new batch of the same treatment.

Fingers crossed it grows out as well as it should.

One great thing is I don't have one snail, aptasia, mantis shrimp or any other foreign pest in the tank thanks to XiaXiu on the RTAW forum in Australia

Tank is 3.5ft x3.5ft x 10inches depth ( or 500mm from people around here) water level is at 9 inches (450mm) running a ATB small skimmer ( best skimmer I have ever owned ( and I have owned about 8 top line skimmers but nothing can beat a ATB!!) Royal exclusive 7000 litre an hour return pump.( controllable )
    Deltec calcium reactor with caribsea fine media with a bag of Zeomag mixed in.

Lighting is buy a ATI sunpower 8x39w dimmable.

Controlled by Profilux obviously!!

Keep,on reefin

that's really clean and simple but effective. Looks awesome

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Well few updates

Carbon doser electronic bubble counter for Co2 added
    IKS vario dosing pump to pull water through CA reactor
    Removed the Deltec bubble counter and installed a Cal Qaua glass Co2 bubble counter as the Deltec was feed from the top and Co2 released on the bubble counter from the bottom of the pipe going downward into bubble counter the Cal Aqua bubble counter is feed from bottom on bubble counter and released from bottom now as the carbon doser release a bubble only one bubble comes up as with the Deltec one sometimes two bubbles would be released ( same amount of gas )

Also my GHL doser 2 arrived and is now running
    Zeostart3
    Coral booster

Well this weeks update!

KZ skimmer going well no major notice in corals from running the Beckett style skimmer, give it a few more weeks before Aquabella convince me to buy a RE skimmer lol!

The skimmer cup was cleaned 18 hours earlier

Sump pic, carbon doser holding AlK very stable great investment

Some coral pics

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u225/muz_z/2ea11f87994c76ad0c1bcfe629dcead5_zps0e60c2b2.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics!!

More pics

[/img]

Very nice!