Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating from 5.11 to 6.12

Default Updating from 5.11 to 6.12

I am going to help out a fellow reefer who dosent know much about computers that runs a Profilux with no web server or email never any updates and is running 5.11 and the old PC software not GCC

So the question is what do I need to do to get him to 6.12 from 5.11 ? From memory I just can't go straight to 6.12 I need to a lower version which if someone can let me know what that is without having to spend a while searching would be great

I will up date all settings and data as I go, and if need be RE assign every thing and calibrate probes again

Also have a PAB bar and touch to sort out which is no problem, done it before.

So can someone just let me know what firmware I need to go to before 6.12

As he had a look at my new Doser 2 and liked it so he bought one as long as I could help him set everything up like mine so I would be glad to help him set it up on all the new firmware.

Thanks

Maury

You can update from 5.11 staright to 6.12 but it could be that your saved settings are not compatible anymore.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks very much Artur

But can I move to a lower firmware and retain settings?

Yes you can downgrade the firmware and import your settings again.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So update to 6.12 the downgrade to ? And import settings, and the n upgrade again ?

No i ment if something went wrong you can downgrade and import them again.
    If you update to firmware 6.12 and import the old settings you have to check all settings by urself, because some of them could be not compatible anymore.

Ok great Artur thanks for the advice

Artur
    I removed the old PC software and loaded GCC onto PC can't connect to Profilux
    So I am trying to use flash tool to install new firmware 6.10 and get a error 06 can't open com port?

I was trying to use usb do I need to use usb to serial adapter for this to work through flash tool? And not usb?

Thanks
    Last edited by muz_zz; 24.01.2015 at 05:51.

You can flash via USB too, but you must set a jumper, see here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=48
    "Put the jumper on both pins of JP1."

Did you set the right port in the flasher tool?

Hi Artur

Yes checked more than 5 times com port in device manager unplugged and plugged at least five times to make sure correct environment for flah tool but as soon as you un plug the Profilux it comes up with error 06 cannot open com port.

I am going to go back to his house tomorrow with usb to serial adapter ( that scares me) and try to update to 5.15 then go from there to 6.10.

Any other advice as I felt like a fool not been able to get it to update the firmware after I told him it very easy!!