Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to connect to dosing pump via wifi

Default Unable to connect to dosing pump via wifi

Hi,

I have read a few thread on this and i am still having issues connecting over wifi.
    Doser has lastest firmware and im using the lastest control centre.
    I am able to ping the doser and also after some time browse to the doser via IE or Chrome
    when i tried to connect via wifi - it initially connected for about 30sec's should me the pumps however it was extremely slow and eventually i received and " communications error : code 28" it did not connect again after that.

Thanks

Hello,

can you show me a screenshot of the command prompt with the ping, maybe the doser have a low wireless connection with your router.

Did you create a new Network (TCP/IP) Connection for the doser in GHL Control Center?
    wificonnection.PNG
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi, the time on the ping is fine 2-5 secs and the ttl is normal ,
    Yep i have setup exactly like that

Please restart the doser (unplug power cable for fews seconds) and wait few minutes after the restart.
    Code 28 is a timeout, if this stil happens try this:

1. Enter and check your wifi settings again, click the Save button. After you clicked the Save button the doser goes into config mode (LED white color).
    2. Wait until the LED color changes from white to any other and restart the doser (unplug power cable for fews seconds) after you plugedin the cable the doser should be in the config mode (white color).
    3. Wait few minutes and try to connect via wifi again.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok , will try this . Thanks

Hi,

I tried this and it still does not connect bia the software . I connected it to an ethernet cable setup the lan and tried it again it connects but after browsing a few of the pump pages it freezes ( the software) with an error code 50. I have to restart the doserand software again before it can reconnect but then i gettue same problem. Software freezes. Error code 50 .

Thanks

Can you install the latest GHL Control Center and send me an error report.
    If the error code 50 appears GHL Control Center should ask you to send a report.
    Enter your e-mail address and write error code 50 in the description.

I have the same issue. cannot connect via wi-fi. Using latest firmware and drivers, set the system to connect to my router and the GHL control centre just will not connect to the doser.

Difficult to connect via lan due to the distance and leaves a cable about 20ft across my living room.

The smartphone app just loses connection 3 seconds after you select anything and crashes continuously.

Can only connect via USB, which I don't really want to do.

Whole reason for buying is for the wi-fi connectivity.

This need a very clear step by step instruction with screen shots on how to actually set this up as the manual stops short of showing how to actually connect via wi-fi.

Hello,

the actual manual have a step by step, you can download the actual manual here: http://downloads.aquariumcomputer.co...php?fileID=218
    Here is a post (#7) with step by step instructions: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...ighlight=Doser

If you wish i can help you remotly, write me a PM.

Hi. managed to connect via wi-fi. It is very slow and unstable connection. I managed to connect into the device itself and suspect that the wi-fi UART may be the issue. I think it just keeps dropping the connection.
    software wise I normally receive the error 50 or error 60 message and the software then terminates. The app is just too unstable to be useable as it teeminates after approximately 30 seconds .