Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to connect to dosing pump via wifi

Hello,
    thank you for your response.
    We will release a new firmware and an updated Android App today.
    This should improve the wifi connection.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Mysticwave, did the updates fix the issues you had?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,

The firmware update has totally killed the doser. I can connect to it via USB, but the pumps no longer operate either automatically, manually from the front of the doser unit or remotely from GHL Control Centre. The status light remains blue. I have reset the unit several times by removing power.

The app update still does not work as it cannot correctly determine the data from the doser and connectivity via wifi is still way too slow and times out or crashes regularly.

Dropping ALK and Ca rapidly now. will have to start dosing manually via syringe.
    Is it possible to roll back the firmware?

Downloaded the old firmware V101. The firmware updater will not accept the old firmware and disconnects the doser.
    Last edited by Mysticwave_2; 27.02.2015 at 20:44.

Rolled back to old firmware and it is at least dosing again manually from the front panel and from within control centre. I have abandoned trying to connect via wifi which is annoying as i wanted to avoid crawling around under the tank to connect cables etc as I have a spinal injury

I have also been having wifi connection issues after updating to GHL Control Center 1064 and firmware 105. Unlike man folks, I previously had no trouble connecting via wifi with GCC 1059 and firmware 101. Finally, after 24 hours of upgrade frustration, I think wifi connecting is working for me again. I believe I have hit on a couple of clues that may help others. I have 2 of the Doser 2 pumps. I run each one independently and therefore have had twice as much connect frustration. After overcoming issues with USB connection and upgrading the firmware to 105, I could not connect to either of these via wifi even though both Doser 2's could be seen connected to my router and I could ping each.

Finally, I randomly deleted the USB Connection profile from within GHL Control Center, and suddenly I could connect to either of my Doser 2's via wifi. I AM aware of how to select the appropriate connection profile, but until I deleted the USB Connection profile, GHL Control Center would either hang during a connection attempt, or would fail with the message "Could not connect. Do you want to check the settings now?"

Sounds a bit crazy, but as soon as I deleted the USB Connection profile, my wifi connections worked perfectly.

Hi

I did some tech support work today in my limited time I had and found a "possible" conflict if the doser has its USB cable connected to the doser and to the PC when trying to connect to wifi, once removed the wifi works

In all honesty there is no reason to have the USB connected at the same time and this maybe normal behavior.

I have no issues having the USB profile active at the same time just do not have the cable connected. I have emailed GHL with a full report including screen shots so this can be looked into if at all requires fixing as above maybe normal behavior.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 28.02.2015 at 01:34.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Having the USB cable connected or disconnected makes no difference to WiFi. Removing the USB profile makes no difference either.

The new version of the app has some amazing numbers on the amount of salts. It thinks I have 95273136ml of carbonate. That's 6351542% left and should last me 9.52731392E7 days lol!
    Last edited by Mysticwave_2; 28.02.2015 at 13:59.

Can you check if myGHL is activated under System?
    If it is activated try to deactivate it, it is currently not possible to use myGHL and GHL Control Center/ Android App via network connection simultaneously.