Thread: new owner of doser 2 looking for wi fi help?

Default new owner of doser 2 looking for wi fi help?

Just received doser 2-very excited as this is my 1st doser. My current lighting and controller I use via my home wi fi with win pc, droid tablet, and droid phone. These were easy to connect. I am not finding such success to connect my doser 2 to my home wi fi???? I am no IT expert, but getting the feeling I need to be....
    I am connected via usb to my home pc (win 7/64). Have advanced manual but with all the acronyms, not sure which option I am to follow. Just hoping I can be pointed in the right direction to connect with my wi fi, with easy to follow step by step?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. I looked everywhere, but have not found such. Thanks for any assistance.

Also on the pump interface, there are 16 pumps listed to manage. How to delete unused pumps?

THANKS for any help--Jim

Do you know how to login to your router?

Usually it is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254; put that in your web-browser.

Use client mode in GHL 2.

You need the SSID information; that's the "name" of your wireless network.
    You need to know what encryption it uses; usually WPA-PSK2 (TKIP) or WPA2 (AES).
    WLAN key is the password you use to login to your SSID with your laptop/phone etc.

Thanks for your help. I know router ip. I know all this info, just not the encryption. Have cisco router. Suggestion as to a step by step guide or where do I start to get this thing connected. Thanks! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimEVT View Post
    Thanks for your help. I know router ip. I know all this info, just not the encryption. Have cisco router. Suggestion as to a step by step guide or where do I start to get this thing connected. Thanks! Jim
    You can get that info from your router.

Should list the encryption type.

WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode
    Jim

Then select WPA2/AES in the Doser.

Did the DHCP server assign the doser an IP address?
    Does it show up on the list of devices in the Linksys router?

Maybe it's better to first set it up using LAN connection so it can have an IP assigned to it; then make that IP address fixed in your Linksys router and then change it to WLAN.

1. Change from “Access point mode” to “Client mode”
    2. Enter the SSID of your router, SSID is the name of your wireless network. (http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-SSID-on-a-Computer)
    3. Choose WPA2PSK for “Encryption” and for “Encryption type” AES. (This depends on your router settings, you can check it in the router interface)
    4. Enter the Key of your wireless network, you find the key on the backside of your router or in the router interface.
    5. Select “Use following settings” under IP Settings
    6. Enter a “IP address”, “Subnet mask” and Default gateway”.
    Before you can enter an IP address you have to know what your default gateway is.
    To find out what your default gateway and subnet mask is, follow this instruction: http://www.noip.com/support/knowledg...fault-gateway/

Step 1: Click the “Start” button, type ‘cmd’ and press “Enter” on your keyboard. (A black Command Prompt should appear).
    Step 2: Next type ‘ipconfig’ and press enter “Enter”.

Enter the default gateway and subnet mask displayed in the command prompt.
    You have also to enter the IP address of doser, this looks like the default gateway IP address except the last number.
    e.g. If your default gateway is 192.168.1.0 you can enter an IP address between 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254
    It is recommended to choose a number bigger than 200.

With the latest GHL Control Center you can use the wizzard for this steps:
    IPWizzard.PNG

7. Click the save button and wait at least 5 minutes, the doser needs few minutes to connect to your network.
    If the doser do not connect after 5 minutes, restart the doser (unplug power cable for fews seconds) and wait 5 minutes after the restart.

When you done, go to "Administrate..." in the top menu of the GHL Control Center and create a new TCP/IP connection.
    Enter the IP address you entered in step 6 above as Host-Name.
    wificonnection.PNG
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Small correction. Address 192.168.1.0 cannot be used by any device including the router; that's the network address. Same with 192.168.1.255; that's the broadcast address.

Your router will be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254; this is also your default gateway. Enter your router's IP under default gateway.
    Subnet mask will be 255.255.255.0
    Last edited by Raul-7; 22.01.2015 at 19:51.