Thread: ATO not working since firmware 6.12 upgrade

Default ATO not working since firmware 6.12 upgrade

It has come to my notice that since upgrading my P3eX to firmware version 6.12 my ATO now does not respond.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Tone; 11.01.2015 at 01:23.

Hard to know as you need to post ALL your settings.
    But I just upgraded form 6.11 to 6.12 and everything is working just like it always has??

Did you save all your settings to file and then upload them back to the unit??
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Thanks, Paul. When you say "ALL your settings", what settings exactly do you refer to?

I have imported the settings from 5.xxx into 6.12 ... I have had issues with 6.12 randomly changing the default language settings to Spanish and it doesn't save socket settings from the tab, only from the program Exit.

I have manually tested the socket and it is functional and I have thoroughly cleaned the optic sensor.

P3eX_Socket_ATO_Settings.jpg

P3eX_ATO_Settings.jpg
    Last edited by Tone; 12.01.2015 at 22:50.

Hi Tone,
    Images were pretty hard to see as mostly white space?

But I think I noted that you have selected auto top up 4 and the level is setup on 1?

Is this possibly the problem?
    Call me Paul !

Thanks, Paul ... I didn't even notice that ... reset, let's see what happens. ;-)

update ...

OK ... seems that the small graphic seems to represent "4" but it is actually set at 1 (fudged). Funny thing is that when I do set it to 4, the ATO comes on even though the water level is above the optic sensor.

update ...

Set in both "Level" and "Socket" level sensor to "4" ... now keep getting error messages. Reset back to "1".

update ...

Tried to examine the optical sensor with "Diagnostic" ...

This makes no sense,
    "Display of “1 4 8” means that sensor inputs 1, 4 and 8 indicate contact with water.
    Please keep in mind that a "contact with water" is also displayed if there is no sensor connected. With the key Esc the
    diagnostic is terminated.

... so if the optic sensor is faulty and doesn't register at the P3ex then it is "in contact with water" ... that is stupid!

I only have one level sensor, an optic sensor, what should the settings be at the "Level" item and in the "Socket" setting item?
    Last edited by Tone; 14.01.2015 at 09:44.

You can see if it is working by going to the level page and the bottom table the State (Direct) will change from a X to a - when you put it in and out of the water.
    That will so let you see which sensor number it is.

Just make sure that the Control circuit in the top Table for Auto top off is set to the level sensor you find that works. (Should be 1 if you don't have any others and there are no splitters on the level system)

If you are having settings change on you with out you doing it, I think there is something else wrong?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Let me know how you go with finding the working level sensor anyway.
    Call me Paul !

Paul, I've had the optical sensor for a few years and find it to be far more reliable than the floats. Only problem is algae or carbonate forming over the sensor which need to be cleaned off periodically.

So what I have done now is disconnect the sensor cable and reboot, then reconnect the sensor cable and reboot again ... voila! sensor working.

Excellent, nice to hear.
    Yep I have a couple of optical and a couple of floats.
    The optical only needs the cleaning occasionally like you say.

Hopefully all will go well now (Until the next time)
    Call me Paul !