Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange behaviour for dimmable GHL T5 bar

Frage Strange behaviour for dimmable GHL T5 bar

I recently bought a second hand T5 dimmable light bar from a fish store (ALB2F1D54-T5) here in the Netherlands.
    It seemed to be working at first but now I start programming it I see some strange behaviour:

When I go to "Light Scenarios" in Control Center and go from 0% to 1% I hear a distinctive 'click' which I guess is normal but when I raise the light level from say 0% to 50% in a single step it switches off completely. When I do this slowly I can go to the full 100%.

I just finished the regular program and I will check tomorrow if it will work ( dimm 0%-100% in two hours).

The unit is connected to a PF3 with FW 6.12 and connected to the L3/4 port without splitter.

Any thought???

Is the min. and max. voltage of the 1-10V-interface L3 set correctly to 1V and 10V?
    What if you connect the lightbar to L1L2 when you test the light scenarios, does it work here?
    Does it work with the programming now?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, the voltages are 1V minimum and 10V maximum. This morning it ramped up to 100% immediately (due to the burn-in setting I set up I guess). So it did what it had to do. I will keep a close look on the situation.

I have not tried the L1/L2 ports because my streamers are set up on these ports and it would take more effort than I have time for at this moment. But if problems persst I will definitely try this.

I've been running it in "Burn-in" mode for two days and everything is allright.
    I did fiddle with the dimming some more and my conclusion is:

Switch Off -> 100% OK
    Switch 100% -> Off OK
    Dimm 0% -> X% small steps OK
    Dimm X% -> 0% in small steps OK
    Dimm up in Large Steps (0%-50% or 0% to 75%) NOT OK
    Dimm down in large steps (75%-0% OR 50%-25%) OK

I Noticed that it happens especially when using the buttons in control center, when using the sliders it seems more reliable. For clarity I attached a screenshot

Unknown.jpg

Unfortunately the last two days I had the problem again. When fiddling with the settings the lamp reacts, especially after going back to zero and then to 100%. You hear a distinctive 'click' when switching to zero. My program is as follows:
    Clipboard_2015-02-04_22-06-33.png

Anything wrong with this?

Your settings seem to be ok.

But what exactly is the problem at the moment?
    Is it still this: "Dimm up in Large Steps (0%-50% or 0% to 75%) NOT OK" ?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Partly. This is still an issue, but one I can work around as I do not normally do this. I dimm up from 0% to 75% in small steps and in the evening I dimm back down from 75% to 0%.

What has started to happen is that the lamp starts up at 10 in the morning and after a short while it just switches off (or at least the lamps do not light up.) When I manually switch the lights off and back on again (using control center or the app) to 100% the lamp works just fine, even when I set it to automatic afterwards. Next day the problem is the same.

This behavior sounds for me like an too old or not burned-in tube. Try a new one and burn it in for at least 100 hours.

I use brand new ATI tubes burned in for >60 hours and they have about 350 hours of use right now.

Quote Originally Posted by frankvanes View Post
    when I raise the light level from say 0% to 50% in a single step it switches off completely.
    When you do this is there a click?
    Or are there two clicks?