Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control Center problems

Default Control Center problems

I have upgraded my P3e to firmware 6.12 from 5.xxx and also changed to Control Centre (latest version). All of the settings were imported from the previous firmware.

Problems I have now are:

(1) The language for the P3 is being randomly changed to "Spanish" although the Control Centre is "English"

(2) I am going through the socket settings and editing them for the new options and the changes are not being saved. Changes in other tabs are saved when closing the tab.

Please advise asap as I am not confident that the display will be properly managed by the P3e ... already, I have no lights.

Kind regards, Toni

We could not reproduce this problems.

Which Windows version do you use?
    Which ProfiLux model you have, the older P3ex or 3.1N ex/ 3.1A ex?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello Artur,

As identified above, my Profilux model is the 3eX. My Windows version is Microsoft Home Premium, OS Version 6.1.7601, Service Pack 1.

Just to reiterate, the "sockets' tab saving problem is when closing the tab, not the EXIT "X" on the menu bar.

Hope this helps ... still no lights or closed loop pump system.

Thanks, Toni
    Last edited by Tone; 07.01.2015 at 08:58.

If you still have a backup of your settings, try to restore the Default settings.
    For that connect with your ProfiLux and go to Extras -> Default settings... in the top menu.
    After restoring the default settings restart your ProfiLux (unplug power cable).
    Then try to change the socket settings without your old settings.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

OK ... what are the "Default Settings" ? I don't want to do this unless I fully understand what is going to happen, I don't want to destroy the old settings that I imported from the old version and then I'm worse off than what I am now.

Also, we used to have virtual sensors ... very useful for setting up multiple cooling devices like fans ... what has happened to that function?

Thanks.

OK ... what are the "Default Settings" ? I don't want to do this unless I fully understand what is going to happen, I don't want to destroy the old settings that I imported from the old version and then I'm worse off than what I am now.
    All ProfiLux settings will be set to default. If you have the backup file of your old settings which you used to import the first time, then you can do this import again after you restored the default settings.

Also, we used to have virtual sensors ... very useful for setting up multiple cooling devices like fans ... what has happened to that function?
    You can add a virtual sensor in the ProfiLux menu under System->Virtual probes

Thanks Artur ... I'll do the default settings when I have time in the case that this ends up in tears.

I've looked in the ProfiLux menu under System and don't find "Virtual probes" ... I'm working in the Profilux Control.

I mean direct in the ProfiLux settings, not in the Software.
    Open the Profilux settings direct on the ProfiLux and navigate to System -> Virtual probes.

Thanks, Artur ... seem to now have everything under control. I'll monitor the settings for a while to see if the language randomness returns.

The only thing that I have been unable to correct is saving "Socket" changes from the "Sockets" tab. For the time being, it socket changes are saved if I use the "Exit" X but that means that I have to reboot the Profilux Control each time.

he only thing that I have been unable to correct is saving "Socket" changes from the "Sockets" tab. For the time being, it socket changes are saved if I use the "Exit" X but that means that I have to reboot the Profilux Control each time.
    We will check it again. How do you connect with your ProfiLux? With USB/COM or LAN?