Thread: DOSER 2 and usb connection

Default DOSER 2 and usb connection

hi

I have problems connecting the new doser 2 via usb,
    using mac book pro and parallels 9 with windows 8
    I have tried to load the usbvcom driver but it come up with error code 10
    is there a manual for this doser

I have managed to configure the doser with wndows xp computer, and then connected via wlan

I would like to know if future upgrades can be done on lan or wlan as i would have to remove the dower to upgrade each time

help with usb connection would be appreciated

Himat

Hello,

you don't need the USBVCOM driver for USB connection.
    You should install the driver from this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1059\Driver

You can open install.bat and follow the instructions or you install the driver manualy throught device manager.

You can download the manual here: https://aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/ghldownloads

I would like to know if future upgrades can be done on lan or wlan as i would have to remove the dower to upgrade each time
    At the moment it is not planed.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks for the reply
    I did try to load driver from the folder you said I still get the error code 10 for that in device manager.

any other sugestions

himat

Please show me a screenshot of your device manager with opened COM & LPT.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Capture.PNG

tried you to install the driver both bat file and manual install see pic attached

Maybe you loaded ProfiLux GCC by mistake? I think ProfiLux uses different drivers to Doser 2? maybe im wrong? but iif not its an option.

Try this
    http://downloads.aquariumcomputer.co...php?fileID=219

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Hello,

there is only one GHL Control Center for all GHL devices.

Try following:
    Right click on the GHL Virtual Communications Port -> uninstall driver.
    In the next dialog mark the checkbox and click Ok.
    Restart Windows.
    After the restart try to install the driver again manualy.

Manual Installation:
    Open your device manager and right click the device with the yellow exclamation mark and click “update driver software”.
    In the new window click on “brows my computer for driver software”.
    Click on browse and choose the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1059\Driver” and click Ok.
    If your GHL Control Center is installed in another location, then navigate to the GHL Control Center folder and select the “Driver” folder. After the driver was installed restart Windows and try to connect again.

Artur

tried the method you suggest still the same error,
    may something wrong with my copy of windows on parallels
    now considering get a dedicated window laptop to do this stuff.

thanks

Himat