Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyGHL!

Default MyGHL!

Allright, we got lots of questions about MyGHL and I would like to share some information here - it happened a lot in the last weeks!

Just to remind you:
    MyGHL is a cloudbased service for controlling and setting up certain GHL devices.
    The user creates an account on the MyGHL website, registers his devices and is able to access the devices from every location in the world with internet-access via webbrowser.

The first device which can be used with MyGHL will be the GHL Doser 2, ProfiLux 3 and Mitras will follow after a short while.

Questions and answers:
    Q: When can I use MyGHL with my GHL Doser 2?
    A: We are in the final stage of testing, I assume that this will be the case beginning of 2015.

Q: Which other devices will be supported?
    A: ProfiLux 3 and Mitras LX

Q: When will MyGHL be available for them?
    A: Unfortunately I don't have an exact date yet, our goal is February 2015

Q: Why can't you be faster?
    A: We are very well aware that many customers are looking forward to MyGHL and are anxious for it. However, safety and quality of the software have first priority at GHL, we are not going to release something with potential risks. Especially cloudbased services can be critical, so we ask you for your understanding that we have to work very carefully. Nobody wants his tank as a target for hackers.

Q: Do I have to update the firmware?
    A: Yes, to be able to use the MyGHL services a modified firmware is necessary.

Here are some screenshots for the MyGHL user interface for the GHL Doser 2:

Dashboard.jpg

Settings.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Very nice indeed. I will look forward to release of this option for Mitras AND P3
    Thank you

Will their be a built-in email server to avoid the current problems plaguing the current outbound email function from the controller (ie. encryption, blocked ports from ISP,)?

what do you mean exactly? if myGHL sends the email instead of ProfiLux?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    what do you mean exactly? if myGHL sends the email instead of ProfiLux?
    apex.jpg

For example, the Apex controller cannot send emails using SSL, but Fusion - their cloud service can. It can also send SMS.

Raul-7,
    Why not use ATT's email to text service in this case? e.g. emailing yourcellnumber@txt.att.net will actually send you a text. The Profilux today supports email, i guess it remains to be seen what additional services myGHL will provide.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
    Raul-7,
    Why not use ATT's email to text service in this case? e.g. emailing yourcellnumber@txt.att.net will actually send you a text. The Profilux today supports email, i guess it remains to be seen what additional services myGHL will provide.
    Yes, I know. But see you must use unencrypted email server like AOL or SMTP2GO; then send to whatever email you wish or text message. But with cloud service you can send directly to any email without the need for authentication or encryption.

In Apex Fusion I can send to both my email and SMS. Also I have a method to have all the texts originate from the same number by using the filtering option in AOL to send me a text whenever it receives email with the subject Apex or Alarm [Profilux]. This way I have both controllers sending texts to the same number not incrementing 1, 2, 3, etc.

Hello,

this should be possible and we put it on the ToDo list.

I'm looking forward to the launch of the web site!

Is there a date yet!! I can't keep waiting