Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doser 2 firmware 1.02 update failed

Default Doser 2 firmware 1.02 update failed

Hello,

I updated to the new GCC and connected to my Doser 2 to update to FW version 1.02. For some reason the FW was interrupted and I got an error message. It said to unplug the Doser 2 for a couple seconds and then plug it back in. I did so and then clicked ok and I saw this for over ten minutes before I clicked cancel. Now my Doser 2 just sits there and flashes yellow (my fluid level is below 2x the minimum amount, hence the yellow flash most likely). Is there an emergency FW flash like there is on the profilux and the mitras? What do you recommend I do now.

Thanks,
    Scott

It sat here for 10min, nothing changed.
    Last edited by scythanith; 24.12.2014 at 03:00.

Jerel wrote in Reefcentral:
    'Cancel' the Firmware update and start back at dialog 1/5

Dialog 2/5: Did your Doser 2 switch to 'Bootloader Mode' ? (Status LED turned off)

Within dialog 2/5, click 'Device Manager' and navigate to "Ports (COM & LPT)".

Is the Device listed as "Unknown Device" or "USBVCOM (COM#) ?
    item.jpg

If the Device is listed as Unknown. You will need to install the driver manually. Right click "Unknown device" and click "Update Driver Software", followed by "Browse My Computer For Driver Software", click on Browse and choose folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1060\Tools\FUJITSU USB DIRECT Programmer\driver\Win7” or whichever version of Windows you are using.

After installation of driver is complete, restart your computer and follow the firmware update instructions.
    Check and try this first.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

This is great advise!

Artur please can we have a troubleshoot section added to the manual with all this information it would eliminate a lot of support cases and also enable end users to be up and running much faster. Good idea for ALL!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Ok, i will put it on the TODO list for the manual.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Great thanks, I think the users will be very pleased with a troubleshoot feature in the manual. Makes the product even more user friendly

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Jerel wrote in Reefcentral:

Check and try this first.
    Done and done. I have Com4 for my GHL stuff. Still doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.08.26 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.08.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.09.26 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.09.38 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.09.47 PM.jpg

After all of that I re-connect and the USB connection works fine. I can go in and edit the dosing program without issue.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 1.10.37 PM.jpg

Please do following:

1. Cancel' the Firmware update and start back at dialog 1/5
    2. click once Next so you see the dialog "GHL Doser 2 firmware update step 2" like in your third picture
    3. Open the device manager and look for device called "USBVCOM" not "GHL Virtual Communications Port". It looks like this:
    item.jpg

4. If you don't see the Device and it is listed as Unknown. You will need to install the driver manually. Right click "Unknown device" and click "Update Driver Software", followed by "Browse My Computer For Driver Software", click on Browse and choose folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1060\Tools\FUJITSU USB DIRECT Programmer\driver\Win7” or whichever version of Windows you are using.

After installation of driver is complete, restart your computer and follow the firmware update instructions.

would be nice if you were warned that everything would be gone, even the calibration when you do a firmware update.
    Last edited by StarF; 05.01.2015 at 00:25.

We will add a hint in the wizzard.