Thread: Saving files?

Frage Saving files?

Why when I try to save under the file tab "transmit all setting from profilux to file" I get an error message "cannot open parameter definition file"?
    I am running version 4.05.
    I want to save so I can get the latest firmware and reload.
    Thank you, Jimmy

this is a Vista issue ("user account control" and "roaming")
    -> start ProfiLuxControl with the explorer and not with the startmenu or shortcut

Maybe you can also right-click the shortcut --> properties --> thick the 'run as administrator' box and click ok. This should work also, since you have all rights then.

Thanks Mathias,Gilles

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Maybe you can also right-click the shortcut --> properties --> thick the 'run as administrator' box and click ok. This should work also, since you have all rights then.
    This seemed to work it allowed me to save, now I will see what happens when I try to download new firmware and load settings. Is there a different way to download firmware if your computer is running vista?
    Thanks again Jimmy

this should work under Vista as well

One more question just to be sure.
    I can upgrade from firmware 4.05 to 4.08 without a problem correct?
    TY, Jimmy

Hi, Jimmy,
    yes this is correct, but make sure to check your settings after saving your 405 settings on a 408 profilux. There are some settings that might not work if you copy it simply form old to new and you have to reconfig them manually. Thats not only a part of updating from 405 to 408 it is essecial every time you do a firmware update.