Thread: Another Automatic Watec Change noob questions

Default Another Automatic Watec Change noob questions

Hello

This is my first post also too..

I am owner of a Profilux 3 and a friend of mine have gave me a level bar with an optical and a floter sensor on and one Y cable too..
    I keep Discus in my Tank...

I would like to make AWC...Is it possible with these 2 sensors or i am going to need another one too? I already have drain and refill pipes next to my tank(refill is the clean water from RO) and have also bought 2 electric valves for drain and refill pipe..

Any starting guidelines? All i want to do is opening drain valve for as long as it needs to drain 1/4 of water and then open refill valve till reaching full.. I want to make water changes everyday.

Hello,

have a look at the description "water change" in the ProfiLux manual:

Water change
    For adjustable times the water is drained off (switchable socket with function Water drain is then switched on) until
    sensor 2 signals theminimum water level. After this, Water drain is switched off and the socket Water fill is switched
    on until the water reaches sensor 1.
    -> Sensor 1 signals, that the tank is full again, sensor 2 indicates when enough water has drained off. Switchable
    socket Water fill switches fresh water supply,Water drain switches the outflow.
    After selection of this operational mode, the timer has to be selected which shall define the time of the water change.
    Please don’t forget to program the selected timer accordingly afterwards (set here switching period to Event
    start, see 5.3 Timer). The water change is then started at the here pre-set times.

The equipment you have is exactly what you need for this purpose.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you i will start programming then..

If i would like to make it simplier and what i mean is set a timer to open water drain at 9.00 everyday until 9.20 and then open water refill at 9.21 until 11.21 (these times are as i measured them that it takes to remove the water i want and the refil it till the point i want) but also use one of the level sensor as a protection measure how can i do it?
    If i could say it in words i would like to start water refill in 9.21 untill 11.21 or untill water sensor is active (in case water is over the maximum limit before 11.21)

is it possible?