Thread: Tunze 6105 pulsing quickly!! Not running

Default Tunze 6105 pulsing quickly!! Not running

Hi
    Ive just connected a single tunze 6105 pump.
    Ive use the 5m splitter cable connected to l1 port on profilux,
    and then the y1 cable leaving the splitter to the pump with the other splitter output empty.
    I set the pump to 3-8 v in l1 and put it to permanent no waves.
    The pump just pulses very quickly on-off without a constant run.
    The pump runs fine when unplugged from profilux?
    Why is this? Could this be caused for not having a 2nd pump connected?

Please post some screenshots of your pump settings.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

According to your settings I can't really find a reason for the behaviour of the pump.
    What if you choose Sinus waves instead of no waves, does the pump then run smoothly resp. create real waves?

For testing, you could also assign the function "illumination1" to pump 1 (under System/ 1-10v-interfaces) and
    dim the pump manually via this menu

Lightscenarios.JPG

Can you "dim" the pump this way smoothly?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi, thanks for the help

I found the problem, my fault, I plugged into the wrong port.! working perfectly now.

I have however found another issue with my dosing pump. I have the older GHL 4 unit dosing pump and for some reason pump 1 is not controlled. It works from the unit red button but it does not from the GHL control when clicking on it and all the others 2,3 & 4 do. Therefore its not dosing anything I've programmed for it.
    Here are the settings, its the same for all 4 pumps so I cant understand the difference in behaviour for pump 1.
    sockets settings.jpg
    dosing 1.jpg

One thing I dont understand is the meaning and function of the tick box for digital powebar on S1-S4 (outputs 1-24) in the sockets screens. Should I be ticking it for the dosing unit? what does it achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanBerrocal View Post
    I found the problem, my fault, I plugged into the wrong port.! working perfectly now.

One thing I don't understand is the meaning and function of the tick box for digital powerbar on S1-S4 (outputs 1-24) in the sockets screens. Should I be ticking it for the dosing unit? what does it achieve?
    Good, I wondered if you had done this, but sometimes you have to trust people that the simple things are done correctly.

As I understand S1-S4. If the "digital power bar connected on S1-S4" is not checked then it will only configure and operate 4 switches.
    If the digital mode is ticked, it can connect and control up to 24 socket switches including the dosing unit, with the daisy chain cable supplied with the digital variants or the dosing unit and power bars.
    (Once they have been individually connected and configured correctly!)

Of course if you have PAB this is different again.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by JuanBerrocal View Post
    I have however found another issue with my dosing pump. I have the older GHL 4 unit dosing pump and for some reason pump 1 is not controlled. It works from the unit red button but it does not from the GHL control when clicking on it and all the others 2,3 & 4 do. Therefore its not dosing anything I've programmed for it.
    Are you able to switch pump 1 on/off via the PC-Software (under Socket functions - on/off-Button)?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Are you able to switch pump 1 on/off via the PC-Software (under Socket functions - on/off-Button)?
    not pump 1 but pump 2,3,4 work from manual override in sockets functions.

I have a digital powerbar but the dosing pump unit is connected to s1-s4 alone, been a dosing unit should it be send to digital powerbar on s1-s4?

No, you don't have to set the operating mode to digital. It is ok this way.

So there could be a problem with:

-the connection cable
    -> do you have another cable that you can test?
    If you have a Powerbar6D, you could use its cable as well.

-the port of the Dosing Unit
    -> please connect the connection cable at the other port at the unit for testing

-the S-port of the ProfiLux
    -> please connect the dosing unit for testing to S5S8

This way, you can find out which part is affected.