Thread: Upgrading tank and Mitras

Default Upgrading tank and Mitras

I have been using 2 ea Mitras LX6100HV lamps since september 2012 on my 390 litre Deltec tank.

I have been very satisfied with these lamps, and my sps thrive excellent under this light.

I do now start to think about my next upgrade, a tank with the following measures 150x75x55 LXWxH.
    My plan is to use Three Mitras lamps
    If possible I would like to avoid having the lamps hanging from my ceiling each separatly.

Do you in GHL have any frame or rail system that can be used to mount such set of three lamps?
    They will have to be mounted 90 degrees on the length of the tank to reach maximum coverage

If no commercial railsystem, does anyone have any good ideas of a visual well looking system that can be made/used?

I need something that looks nice as this will be an open installation with everything visual in my living room. A high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) and also my own goal of getting something that looks nice will be important.

Another question; is it OK to combine my two existing lamps With a 6200 Version to get some cooler light colour, or will that be of less importance or create strange allover colours?

No one?

Can I conclude that there are no commercial GHL rail system available, and no one planned for the future?

Do you all use the lamps hanging individually?

I'm sorry, we don't offer a rail system, only the steel wire fixation.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Carolin.

No plans in pipeline to build any future racks either?
    I am in no rush, the new tank will not be finalized before 1 to 2 years.

How about combining 6100 and 6200 in one setup, is that something that can function OK, or is your recommendation to invest in a third LX6100HV?

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayEagle View Post
    How about combining 6100 and 6200 in one setup, is that something that can function OK, or is your recommendation to invest in a third LX6100HV?
    It's recommended to use the same Mitras LX types. If you use different types, then the color channels differ and therefore the channel assignments wouldn't be correct.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.