Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doser 2 Apple device app release date?

Default Doser 2 Apple device app release date?

Hi GHL,

I am just curious as to when you think the Doser 2 apple device app will be released?

Thanks,
    Scott

GHL told me that they "hope" to have MY GHL Beta released before xmas and then the full published version in January. This will work on any platform as its cloud based. They are also working hard on the Iphone APP.

GHL are even now miles ahead of the game, the closest competition has no APP at all and no cloud software either currently

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    GHL are even now miles ahead of the game, the closest competition has no APP at all and no cloud software either currently
    That's great that it's being worked on.

I don't know what you think GHL has that some other companies don't? I'm sure this won't go over well on a GHL forum but it's the honest truth. Neptune Systems has Apex Fusion, and it is cloud based software. Their doser is on par with what GHL has. No app, and two less pumps albeit But they have a remote controlled feeder.

Please don't get me wrong GHL. I have a whole system built out of your products I love the products themselves but there are problems just like any other company. No ones perfect, including GHL.

We are talking about Stand Alone Dosers on the thread NOT controllers

The Neptune dosers is not even in the same league as the GHL for these reasons

You need a Neptune to run it
    It has only two pumps
    Price

If you want 3 pumps you have to buy two units plus a Neptune add that together and you have to shell out nearly $1,000!! I kind of see it if you already have a Neptune but even then its an expensive box and cumbersome if you want 3 or 4 pumps!

The GHL Stand Alone Doser 2 has features built in the DOS has not as it needs the neptune then added expansions.

The DOS simply is apples to oranges to the Doser 2
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 13.12.2014 at 21:35.

I can talk about anything I want in this thread, I started it I was referring to GHL products as a whole in my previous post.

GHL has its pluses without a doubt, but it also has its negatives. Does it have an automatic feeder out yet (Neptune does)? Do they have their own powerhead coming out that we don't know about (Neptune does)? Is it easy, for the common folk, to program (Neptune is compared to GHL products)?

Like I said before, I like GHL or I wouldn't have bought their products. But the holier than thou, we are infallible attitude does nothing but make me want to leave the GHL family.

Back on topic

I look forward to using myGHL, even more than the app. I noticed the dosing tab on the web interface that I hadn't seen before, it's slick.

Cheers,
    Scott

Sorry for the confusion your first post said
    Quote Originally Posted by scythanith View Post
    Hi GHL, I am just curious as to when you think the Doser 2 apple device app will be released?
    So I naturally assumed you were just talking about the Doser 2, I was just stating fact no other stand alone doser has the features the Doser 2 has, but if you are now talking about the whole GHL range then yes they both have different plus and minus's although GHL remain the leader in mass propitiatory accessories.

Many thanks for your trust in GHL its great to hear people loving the product. It makes all the support worthwhile to read such positive feedback of the brand I am sure GHL will continue too impress.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 13.12.2014 at 22:44.

Delete

Antonio did you even read what I wrote? Cmon Antonio none of what you have written has any relevance to this thread or my reply. It seems yet again I have to spend 30 minutes defending myself for nothing. Its things like this that make our job supporting so massively more difficult. I should be out right now having Sunday breakfast with my family but I wake to this!!

Where was the words written "GHL are infallible" or even similar words to that?? They are not. SO why this now?

I wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    where in that sentence is it being said GHL are high and mighty? Its simply pointing the obvious based on the original question about the Doser 2 and that "currently" "NO OTHER" manufacturer of a stand alone doser has anything in terms of control suite for that unit that GHL currently has. Thats not being high an mighty its stating plain facts. The thread topic TITLE stated Doser 2, my reply was related to the doser 2 nothing else, not GHL as a whole or any other misconception, and what I wrote is factually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    I also find it very unprofessional that when a hobbyist starts his thread about his opinion regarding a product and just can't have a "normal" point-counterpoint discussion without things getting either out of hand or the thread closed by a moderator, you basically take away the basic principle of why I think our hobby is where it is today.
    I 100% agree, BUT please show me where in this thread is any of the above quote relevant?? Antonio you are venting over absolutely nothing and now we actually do have a thread that has been turned 100% away from the OP thread topic and a classic reason why threads do get removed or edited, our reply post was factual and totally within the boundaries of the thread. These replies are not however.

I am not sure why a simple reply to a simple question would have people jumping on it with a lot of unreasonable and totally unrelated to the OP negativity. Cmon guys lets not turn a very simple thread into some totally unnecessary stress ball for us to have to defend.

I do not understand why on a Sunday I am having to defend a very simple factual reply where I add a bit of "fun" to the wording which is true facts also.

Please please I urge do not carry this on, you know the outcome always. The original post question has been answered.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 14.12.2014 at 16:11.

I can shut this one down lol

Michael, I don't mean to attack you or GHL. I feel, due to the limitations of the internet and it's inability to convey tone, that when you add you "fun" aspect to your wording that it comes off smug. Like I said, not an attack, just that's how it can be interpreted.

I think as a GHL customer, and an Aqua-Digital customer, it would be nice just every once and a while to hear someone say "yep, that's our bad, we will try and fix it". My Doser 2 not having an instruction manual for example. Instead a lot of what I hear, and maybe I'm just slower than the rest of the GHL user base is "nope it's your fault as the user, you should have known better".

In the end I want a product that's near infinite in it's possible configurations and uses. That by nature can not be without its technical knowledge requirements. Some of us aren't super familiar with the product, like you and GHL employees are and can get **********. That boils into all sorts of conversations and things that have nothing to do with my originial post We obviously like GHL products or we wouldn't be buying them, so there is no need to pad your responses with the pro-GHL propaganda.

At least you're at home with your family on Sunday.... I'm stuck at work.

Now everyone hug

Scott

Delete