Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doser 2 Apple device app release date?

It would be in Apples hands now if GHL had submitted it to the App department.

Firstly many thanks for the emailed apologies they are respected and appreciated. My reply here does not detract from that appreciation. But two points need to be clarified as this is a public arena and correct info must be at all times be published.

Quote Originally Posted by scythanith View Post
    It would be in Apples hands now if GHL had submitted it to the App department.
    NOBODY wrote any IOS APP had been submitted to apple yet. Nowhere. GHL said they are "working on it" and so did we based on that shared info.

But anyway, the reply brings up yet another issue we have to address as this thread can be read by millions of potential purchasers so correct info must be at all times be published.

Quote Originally Posted by scythanith View Post
    it would be nice just every once and a while to hear someone say "yep, that's our bad, we will try and fix it". My Doser 2 not having an instruction manual for example.
    YES all dosers come with a manual, a quick start manual and in that quick start manual on Page 2 of the quick start guide its reads (Text copied from the manual)

For more information you can find the latest detailed user guide in the download section at our website www.aquariumcomputer.com

The reason for this is because the manual more so with a new product will change at any given notice so a user could buy a unit sitting on a stores shelf for 4 weeks and end up with an out of date manual. So it makes zero sense in publishing the full manual in hard copy. GHL can not be blamed if that information is missed and then be expected apologize for it I do not believe that is a fair expectation.

Scott if you got a published manual it would have been out of date so you would have been upset with that also, by the time people started receiving their dosers amendments had been already made. So by having the info supplied to where to download the current one was far more beneficial to you then an out of date manual with an out of date IP address and other small changes.

I agree internet and forums carry no tone, people will read text in the tone they wish to and this is often where things go wrong, but the issue is as the people that support the community we have to from time to time point out where something is posted and not be correct especially when it affects the reputation of the product as in this regard now the manual. Yes it can read as defensive, but when something is published on the web billions of people have access to it, and in this case (the manual) the info is not correct in regards to no manual so we then have to come online and make note of that to make sure the correct information is made available.

I got your email The reason we add some hype sometimes to threads is simply marketing, you have purchased the product that's great and believe me hand on heart I am very grateful for that trust in GHL, however thousands of other people reading it may have not so its a good opportunity to "promote the brand". Its not being smug its just shouting out to the greater world how good the product is. Please understand its not just you that will be reading the reply, often forum posts people take as personal replies like an email. Posts are public they address everyone that finds the link.

I personally have without doubt THE hardest market in the whole of the GHL distributed area to break, it has more competition than anywhere else it also is THE most consumer demanding in terms of support and expectations, the expectation of instant fix is huge in this market, that's not a negative just a different consumer expectation that we have to support, and its not easy. I have to personally manage this myself 7 days a week. We have to use limited resources to get our message across, our message can not always meet everyones wishes or expectations but we have to go with the flow. Our job is to make GHL #1 in North America and with that you will see from time to time marketing within our replies, or addressing info published by end users that could potentially mislead, its simply business of getting the right message out there.

I am sorry if that does not sit favourably with you Scott or Antonio but please understand we are doing the best for all of you all the time as Antonio only found out this very weekend when we sent him a brand new battery free of charge for his SMS unit and also offered if that does not fix it to replace the unit at our cost (no profit) as its out of warranty. So please forgive me if I come across a little tetchy with this thread that was created by a simple and genuine reply and suddenly went epic.

Respectfully I honestly think enough has been said now so please can we let it rest, for the sake of my headache if nothing else Man you guys can give me a hard time sometimes

I really do appreciate the emails received from this thread and also appreciate people communicating by email if they have any issues, it makes our life a whole lot less stressful and more constructive in dealing with any confusions.

All the very best
    Michael
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 15.12.2014 at 04:25.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support