Dear GHL Support

I have a Profilux 3.1N and powerbar PAB running my aquarium/doser/pumps/heaters etc.

Where I live in the UK, we suffer from a number of power cuts each year, typically lasting 3 to 5 hours where the house has no electricity.

I want to better protect my aquarium/livestock using a UPS - the Profilux/power bars will be plugged into the UPS. However, when there is a power cut, I need to be able to close down all but essential equipment (ie leave just the Profilux and pump running) so that I get the maximum life out of the UPS and not try and run everything.

I therefore need to tell the Profilux that there is a power cut and then program it to turn off lights, wave pumps, skimmer, heaters etc and just run the main water pump.

I have a relay with mains electricity on one side - when the power fails, the switch on the other side of the relay will close - I need the Profilux to register this change (ie switch closing) and then go through the process of closing down the non essential equipment.

Looking at your expansion boards, I think that the PLM_ADIN will do the job - but need your advice. I can't find any specification as to what inputs this board actually needs apart from "2 analog inputs 0 V-10 V, 4 digital inputs, all galvanically insulated". I am also struggling to be sure what a Western plug is - is this the same as a CAT5 or RJ45 connector?

I would appreciate any advice that you can provide.

Ian