Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMS not working.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SMS not working.

As stated. SMS not sending messages as prev. Running version 3.03. Verified all settings. Battery level perfect. Cycled the Profilux and the SMS and still not communicating.
    Any help?

Check com settings
    System-communication-Com1: Baud=9600

Checked
    Nothing abnormal.

Short video of front panel and insides.

Replace batery, helped in my case

Battery was replaced less than 6 months ago!
    And it doesn't look like the old one used to. Not "big and fluffy".

Another question. Was able to receive 3 test messages right after cycled the unit!
    Could it still be the battery? Once I cycled, red GSM led started blinking red every 3 secs...it's been 3 mins since I received the txts, now led is back to lighting up every second....

GSM (red) – shows the state of the GSM module:
    • Fast flashing (1s-period): Is searching for a radio network, not registered on the net yet
    • Slow flashing (3s-period): Is registered in the radio network
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks. I am well aware. Read the manual IN ITS TOTALITY. All 3 pages.
    As a customer I am looking for possible solutions.
    Thanks.

It is dificullt to tell what it could be, maybe the radio reception is bad or the antenna.
    Did you try a SIM card from another provider and changed the position of the SMS module?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I understand it's difficult to tell, that's why I am speaking to the EXPERTS here to come up with a solution.
    Unit is on a shelf at the top of it, not covered by anything and in the garage. So clearly signal is not an issue. I have also changed antennas to a spare one I have and NOTHING.
    I have tried several SIM cards and still no changes. I even took the unit to the outside of my house and still reception didn't change.